Eid Milad un Nabi or Eid-e-Milad marks the birth of the Islamic Prophet Muhammad. The celebration begins on October 8th and ends on October 9th. It is considered an important day for Muslims around the world.
The festival is also known as Nabi Day, Mawlid, Muhammad’s Birthday or the Prophet’s Birthday.
Here are some quotes, courtesy of Kidadl, to share on the day.
“I leave two things, the Qur’an and my Sunnah, and if you follow these you will never go astray.”
2. “Don’t want to be like anyone, except for two things. The first is a person to whom Allah has given wealth and he spends it righteously; (the second is) the one to whom Allah has given wisdom (the Holy Quran) and he acts on it and teaches it to others.”
3. “Feed the hungry, visit the sick, free the captives.”
4. “Leave me as I leave you, for the people who came before you were ruined because of their questions and their differences about the prophets. So if I forbid you something, stay away from it. And if I order you to do something, do as much as you can.”
5. “All devout believers should consider it their duty to defend and help the believers wherever they are, far or near, and throughout Christendom they should protect the places where and where they worship their monks and priests dwell.”
6. “When Christian women enter a Muslim household, she should be received kindly and given an opportunity to pray in her church; there shall be no quarrel between her and a man who loves her religion.”
7. “No Christian shall be forcibly made to profess Islam, and no disputes shall be entertained with them except over better matters. Muslims everywhere should extend the arm of mercy and kindness to Christians and protect them from the demands of the oppressors.”
8. “The Christians…respected my covenant. They recognized my rights. They fulfilled the promises they made during our meeting. They supported the lieutenants I sent to the frontiers. They deserved my concern and mine affection by fulfilling the commitments I have made to them…”
9. “The strong believer is better and more popular with Allah than the weak believer, although there is good in everyone. Desire what brings you benefit and seek help from Allah and do not give in to incapacity. When something happens you don’t say, ‘If only I had done this and that.’ Rather say: “The decree of Allah. He does what He wills.” Otherwise you will open yourself to the actions of Shaitan.”
10. “The strongest man is the one who can control his anger when he gets angry and his face turns red and the hairs on the back of his neck stand up.
- Muslim pilgrims gather at the summit of Haj east of Mecca
- Eid Al-Adha Quotes 2022
https://www.ibtimes.com.au/prophets-birthday-10-quotes-share-eid-milad-un-nabi-1839325?utm_source=Public&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=Distribution 10 Quotes to Share Eid Milad Un Nabi