10-year-old boy dies after eating lolipop gifted by shopkeeper, family suspects foul play

A 10-year-old boy in India died after eating a lollipop given to him by a grocer.

The victim’s parents suspect foul play as they said their child was healthy before consuming the treat.

The victim, identified as Baikuntha Sabar, was offered the sweets by a person running a shop in the village of Dimbirikholi in eastern Odisha state. The shopkeeper called the boy to his home and then gave him the treat, Odisha TV reported.

Family members of the deceased said their son was in good health before he ate the lollipop. They suspected foul play as the candy failed to get stuck in the boy’s throat, causing his death. They believe the candy contained a harmful substance that led to the minor’s death.

However, the exact reason for the child’s death was not known.

Police launched an investigation into the incident on Monday and also confiscated the candy sold at the store for further investigation. An autopsy will be performed to determine the exact cause of death.

“We have launched an investigation. We sent the body to Berhampur for an autopsy. No one has been arrested and further investigations are ongoing,” Prashant Nisika, a police officer at the local police station, told local media.

“I didn’t have a fever and my son played all day. However, his condition worsened shortly after eating the lollipop. We suspect foul play as the shopkeeper could have left the lollipop at his shop instead of at his house,” the victim’s mother, Pramila, told Odisha TV.

Police did not arrest the shopkeeper but told him not to leave the village until the investigation was complete, the New Indian Express reported.

Last month a child of 1.5 years died choking on popcorn after being treated by a drunk doctor in India. The incident happened in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh. The family blamed the doctor for the child’s death, claiming they had to wait an hour for the man who was supposed to be on duty at the time. Later, the doctor arrived at the hospital “drunk”. After being treated by the doctor, the child was pronounced dead.

Related Articles

https://www.ibtimes.com.au/10-year-old-boy-dies-after-eating-lolipop-given-shop-owner-family-suspects-foul-play-1839367?utm_source=Public&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=Distribution 10-year-old boy dies after eating lolipop gifted by shopkeeper, family suspects foul play

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button