11-year-old boy dies after drinking soda offered by unidentified schoolboy

An 11-year-old boy in India died Monday after reportedly consuming a soda offered to him by a schoolboy.

The incident happened in the southern state of Kerala. According to local media reports, the boy was hospitalized after consuming the allegedly poisoned drink.

The victim and the unidentified student attended the same school, the New Indian Express reported.

The victim, identified by his first name Ashwin, was studying at a private school in Athens code. During a celebration leading up to the September quarterly holiday, Ashwin was offered a lemonade by a student at the school.

At first, Ashwin declined the offer, but he later drank the drink when the student began to insist. That same night, Ashwin became ill and developed indigestion and blisters on his tongue. He also suffered from fever.

His parents took him to a local hospital, from where he was transferred to a specialized healthcare facility.

Doctors at the private hospital determined that Ashwin’s digestive tract was severely damaged. He later suffered from kidney failure and had to be on dialysis.

Doctors said the soda contained an acid-like substance.

According to Mathrubhumi, Ashwin reportedly told his parents that the student who gave him the drink was a stranger to him.

Local police have registered a case and are investigating the incident. They still need to identify the student who gave Ashwin the lemonade.

The school authorities were questioned.

Police are also reviewing CCTV footage of the school and surrounding areas to identify the suspect in the case.

Last week in the eastern state of Odisha, a 10-year-old boy died after eating a lollipop given to him by a grocery store owner. The victim’s parents suspected third-party negligence and filed a complaint. The parents claimed that the child was healthy before eating the treat. The victim was offered the candy by a shopkeeper who had called the boy to his home. After eating the treat, the boy became ill and later died. However, the exact reason for the child’s death was not known. An autopsy was carried out to clarify the cause of death.

Related Articles

https://www.ibtimes.com.au/11-year-old-boy-dies-after-drinking-soda-offered-unidentified-school-student-1839641?utm_source=Public&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=Distribution 11-year-old boy dies after drinking soda offered by unidentified schoolboy

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button