2-year-old child dies after falling off child’s chair in freak accident at restaurant

A two-year-old child in Malaysia died Tuesday after falling from a high chair at a restaurant.

The freak accident happened while the toddler was having lunch with his parents in Taman Sutera.

“They put the victim in a child’s chair to eat,” Johor Bahru North Deputy Police Chief Fariz Ammar Abdullah said, according to the Straits Times. “About an hour later, the boy is said to have suddenly kicked the table and knocked over the high chair.

“Then the boy’s head hit the ground, causing him to cry loudly before passing out,” he said in a statement on Wednesday.

Restaurant staff witnessed the incident but could not do much to save the child.

The victim’s father took the child to a nearby private clinic. However, the doctor at the clinic said the child’s condition was serious and he needed to be taken to a special hospital.

“When the father took the victim to a private hospital in Iskandar Puteri, the infant was pronounced dead by a medical officer there,” Abdullah said.

The child’s body was taken to Sultanah Aminah Hospital for an autopsy to confirm the cause of death. Authorities said no criminal charges have been filed against anyone, but an investigation is currently underway. The case was ruled a “sudden death,” local media outlet MotherShip reported.

Last month, a 2-year-old child died in Tennessee after being found unresponsive in a pool. The boy was pronounced dead by paramedics who arrived at the scene along with officers from the Bradley County Sheriff’s Office. Bradley County EMS and Bradley County Fire & Rescue determined the child was unresponsive. The incident happened at the child’s neighbor’s house. It was unclear how long the child was in the pool. Life-saving measures were taken at the scene, after which the child was taken to Tennova Hospital, where doctors tried to revive him. Doctors said the child was in critical condition. Despite their best efforts, the doctors could not save the child.

A cause of death was not announced at the time. It is also unclear where the child’s parents were at the time of the incident.

Related Articles

https://www.ibtimes.com.au/2-year-old-child-dies-after-falling-baby-chair-freak-accident-restaurant-1839276?utm_source=Public&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=Distribution 2-year-old child dies after falling off child’s chair in freak accident at restaurant

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button