3-month-old baby survives after doctors remove 5 metal pins from child’s stomach

Doctors at a hospital in Egypt saved the life of a 3-month-old baby by removing five metal pins from his stomach.

According to local media reports, the metal pins were three centimeters long. The child’s mother revealed the baby was with his 3-year-old sister when she put the metal pins in his mouth, GDN Online reported. The 3-month-old child then swallowed the pins.

The unidentified mother was not around when the incident occurred. When she came back, she noticed that the baby was crying. When she couldn’t get him to stop crying, she rushed him to a hospital. At the hospital, doctors performed an X-ray that revealed a number of needles in the esophagus and others in the stomach.

Doctors also performed a CT scan to rule out injury to the child, fearing the pins may have damaged the stomach wall or esophagus.

Then an operation was performed to remove the pins from the child’s stomach. The doctor in charge of the case confirmed to Gulf Today that the child’s young age made the operation difficult and complex. The metal pins had clasps and sharp ends, so extraction had to be done carefully. Any injury while removing the pins could have been life threatening to the child.

Doctors later confirmed that the child’s condition was stable and all of the needles in him had been removed.

In a recent incident, a 27-year-old man in India had to undergo surgery to remove a can of deodorant inside him after being taken to hospital for severe abdominal pain. The hospital’s doctors discovered that an 8-inch deodorant canister was lodged in his sigma. The unidentified man reportedly held the can inside him for three weeks before doctors surgically removed it on September 14. The operation to remove the can took two hours, doctors said, with the cap on the bottle.

Doctors at Burdwan Medical College in West Bengal, where the operation was performed, said the man’s esophagus was damaged and needed surgical repair. He also suffered injuries to his intestines. How the can got into the man was unclear.

Related Articles

https://www.ibtimes.com.au/3-month-old-baby-survives-after-doctors-remove-5-metal-pins-childs-stomach-1838606?utm_source=Public&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=Distribution 3-month-old baby survives after doctors remove 5 metal pins from child’s stomach

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button