News

A man who cut through his hand with a saw was left in limbo as the operation was called off twice

Mohammad Aghababaei, 42, was told he needed an operation because he severed 70% of the tendon in his hand, a connective tissue that connects muscle to bone, after cutting it

His injured hand
Mohammad Aghababaei of Cheetham Hill worked in Prestwich

A man who cut his hand with a saw says he was left in limbo after his operation was called off twice.

Mohammad Aghababaei, from Cheetham Hill, was working in Prestwich when the horrific accident happened last Wednesday.

In a desperate attempt to stop the bleeding, he wrapped a bandage from the first aid kit in his van around his hand and was driven by his wife to the emergency room at Oldham Hospital.

He says doctors told him his hand needed surgery because he had severed 70% of the tendon in his hand, a connective tissue that connects muscle to bone. He says he was sent on his way and told to return for surgery the next morning – which never happened, the reports Manchester evening news.

Mohammad, 42, said: “It was so painful and bleeding so I used the first aid kit in my van and my wife drove me to the emergency department at Oldham Hospital. They checked my hand and the doctor said it was serious and needed surgery.

“They wrapped it in a bandage, told me to go home and not eat or move my hand. I was given pain medication and they said they would call me the next morning.







Mohammad Aghababaei went to Oldham Hospital A&E where he was told he would need surgery
(

Picture:

Adam Vaughan)

“The doctor said to me that I might need physical therapy afterwards for my hand movements. I would be unemployed for at least a month which is hard because I’m an engineer and my hands are so important to me. They are.” My life and income.

“I couldn’t sleep or eat anything until around 11am on Thursday morning when they called me and said the surgery had been canceled and they would get back to me as soon as possible. The day after was the same, I just waited and waited with so much pain.”

Mohammad said he was then called again over the weekend to say his operation had been moved to Rochdale Hospital and would take place the following week, Wednesday (22 June). After arriving at the infirmary at 11.30am, Mohammad claims he sat waiting only to learn at 6pm that his surgery had been canceled for the second time.

He admitted he now worries he could lose his hand entirely, which is vital for him to be able to work and earn a living to provide for his family. He says that hospital staff again told him to go home and that he will be contacted in due course.

The Hospital Foundation contacted Mohammad for the third time on Thursday (June 23) and offered him another appointment for his surgery, which is now scheduled to take place on Saturday morning (June 25) at 8am.

He added: “I couldn’t move my hand at all and was struggling to do normal things, I was really worried. Then they called me again a few days ago and said my surgery would be at Rochdale Hospital on Wednesday, a week after I went to A&E first, and they again told me not to eat anything from the night before.

“I arrived in Rochdale for an appointment at 11.30am and sat there all day until 6pm. Then they came out and told me that my surgery was canceled again.

“I asked her what I should do. I explained to them that I am in so much pain and worried that I could lose my hand completely. I am an engineer and could neither work nor earn an income. How could I get on with my life?

“I just want someone to hear me. I have a family and have worked hard and paid my taxes all my life and at times like this I should at least be able to rely on the NHS.”

Oldham Care Organization chief officer David Jago later confirmed that patient Mohammad was contacted again and his practice was reorganized for this weekend. Reasons for the cancellations were not given.

He said: “We would like to apologize to Mr. Mohammad Aghababaei and his family for any inconvenience caused by the cancellation of his surgery. A member of our clinical team contacted him today and we have rescheduled the surgery for this weekend.”

Continue reading

Continue reading

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-who-sliced-through-hand-27315357 A man who cut through his hand with a saw was left in limbo as the operation was called off twice

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button