A man who was seriously ill after a “major attack” in Kildare has died

blank

A young man who was critically injured in a fight outside a pub over the weekend has died.

The victim, named Dylan McCarthy, 29, suffered serious head injuries after the incident in Monasterevin, Kildare, in the early hours of Sunday.

Ambulance services were alerted to the scene on Dublin Road around 12.30am and found him lying unconscious on the ground.

His father, aged in his 50s, also suffered facial wounds and was taken to Portlaoise Hospital with his injuries, which were not believed to be life-threatening.

Dylan McCarthy was taken to Tallaght Hospital where he was treated for traumatic head wounds.

However, despite the best efforts of the medical staff, he was pronounced dead this afternoon and an autopsy was to take place.

He was originally from the Kilmallock area of ​​Limerick but is said to have recently resided in Cork.

Mr McCarthy had been in Monasterevin on Saturday night to meet with family members celebrating the birth of a child when a row broke out.

The situation escalated, leading to about eight men getting involved in a physical altercation, in which he sustained serious head injuries.

No arrests have yet been made as part of the investigation, but Gardaí believe they have identified everyone involved and are expected to make arrests.

Investigators have been collecting CCTV footage from the area, while a number of witnesses have already come forward to help the investigation.

A source told Independent.ie: “This was a particularly violent incident involving around eight people.

“Unfortunately it has now resulted in this young man losing his life and it is now a homicide.

“No one has been arrested to date but Gardaí are confident they know the identities of those involved, who are from the Kildare area, and that this investigation is continuing.”

Officers from Kildare Garda Station are leading the investigation and an interim room has been set up to oversee the investigation.

The Dublin Road crime scene was also cordoned off and preserved to allow for forensic examination.

A Garda spokesman said they are asking any witnesses or anyone with information to contact them.

“The Gardaí investigation is appealing to witnesses to this incident to come forward and to those with camera footage to make it available to them.

“Anyone with information is asked to contact Kildare Garda Station on 045 527730 or the Garda Confidential Line 1800 666 111,” a spokesman said.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/man-who-was-critically-ill-after-serious-assault-in-kildare-has-died-41929114.html A man who was seriously ill after a “major attack” in Kildare has died

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button