TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The No. 22-ranked Alabama males’s cross nation workforce will compete in Friday’s Pre-Nationals Invitational on the Apalachee Regional Park in Tallahassee, Fla., whereas the ladies’s squad is sending a trio of people to compete within the open race.
The boys’s Garnet 8-kilometer race will get underway at 7 a.m. CT, whereas the Ladies’s Open 6-kilometer contest begins at 8:45 a.m. CT. The meet is being held on the location of the 2021 NCAA Cross Nation Championships, which might be held on Nov. 20.
“This can be a nice alternative for our males to compete towards quite a lot of the very best groups within the nation on the identical course that the nationwide championships might be held on. For the ladies now we have happening Friday, this can be a probability for some beneficial race expertise towards top-notch competitors. We’re trying ahead to getting on the market and taking one other step towards our postseason targets.”
The Crimson Tide Males
- The Alabama males’s lineup contains Brady Barton, Carson Burian, Hillary Cheruiyot, Jack Hawes, Collin Jones, Victor Kiprop, Eliud Kipsang, Alex Mielke, Gavin Saacke, Rich Saenz, Paul Selden and Jacob Wiggers
- Kiprop has led the Tide throughout his rookie season, profitable the North Alabama Showcase and taking seventh on the Joe Piane Invitational
- Kipsang and Cheruiyot each posted top-five finishes on the UNA Showcase and Kipsang was 14th on the Piane Invitational
- Saenz is the one member of the Tide’s runners set to compete in all 4 of the Tide’s regular-season meets this season
The Crimson Tide Ladies
- The UA girls have despatched three to Tallahassee – Keaton Morrison, Kerri Walsh and Sophie Spada
- Morrison and Walsh competed at each the North Alabama Showcase and the Memphis Twilight earlier this season whereas Spada opened her season on the UNA Showcase
The Males’s Discipline
- The boys’s subject contains 13 top-30 groups, together with half the top-10
- Along with No. 22 Alabama the Pre-Nationwide Invitational contains No. 1 Northern Arizona, No. 2 Notre Dame, No. 5 BYU, No. 7 Colorado, No. 8 Arkansas, No. 14 Iona, No. 17 Wake Forest, No. 20 Florida State, No. 24 Texas, No. 25 Weber State, No. 28 Ole Miss and No. 30 Charlotte
The Ladies’s Discipline
- The ladies’s subject contains runners from a dozen ranked groups, together with Alabama, Colorado and Utah from the highest 10
- Ranked groups sending opponents to the Pre-Nationals Invitational embody No. 4 Alabama, No. 5 Colorado, No. 10 Utah, No. 11 Arkansas, No. 12 North Carolina, No. 14 Ole Miss, No. 15 Florida State, No. 16 Northern Arizona, No. 23 Notre Dame, No. 24 Georgetown, No. 27 Kentucky and No. 28 Toledo
For all the most recent data on the workforce, observe AlabamaTrack on Twitter, Instagram and Fb. Common athletic news may be discovered @UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and Alabama Athletics on Fb.
https://rolltide.com/news/2021/10/14/track-field-cross-country-alabama-cross-country-set-for-pre-nationals-invitational-in-tallahassee-fla-friday-morning.aspx | Alabama Cross Nation Set for Pre-Nationals Invitational in Tallahassee, Fla., Friday Morning