YOUR iPhone may be too old to get the latest features.
Apple has announced that a variety of new iOS 16 features will not work on all models.
The new iOS update went live on Monday September 12th.
And it’s now available on millions of iPhones – including the new iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro.
It completely changes the lock screen to make it more customizable and allows you to cancel and edit iMessages for the first time.
But you need to check your iPhone model: some features
First, don’t forget that many iPhones just can’t update to iOS 16.
Here is a list of all devices supported by iOS 16:
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14Plus
- iPhone 14 pro
- iPhone 14 pro max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 pro
- iPhone 13 Pro max
- iphone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 pro
- iPhone 12 pro max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 pro
- iPhone 11 Pro max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8plus
- iPhone SE (2nd generation or newer)
If you don’t know what iPhone model you have, you can check by going to Settings > General > About and looking at the model name.
And you can see if you can (or already have) get iOS 16 by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
iOS 16 model dependent features
Here are some of the model-dependent features landing in iOS 16…
– New effect to place theme ahead of time on lock screen (iPhone XS and later)
– Live text to copy, translate, search and more with a paused video frame (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later)
– Quick action to edit data in photos and videos with one tap to track flights and shipments, translate foreign languages, convert currencies, etc. (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later)
– Visual Look Up to make a subject stand out from the background of an image (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later)
– Visual Look Up to spot birds, insects, spiders and statues (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later)
– Easy Shortcuts allows you to run Siri Shortcuts as soon as you download an app (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later)
– Ask “Hey Siri, what can I do here?” helps you discover Siri tricks in iOS and apps (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later)
– You can end iPhone and FaceTime calls by saying “Hey Siri, hang up”. (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later)
– With the new Dictation you can use speech and keyboard together to enter and edit text (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later)
– Support for inserting emojis with your voice (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later)
– With ID cards in Apple Wallet, you can share verified information with apps (iPhone 8 and later)
– Add medicines to the Health app using your iPhone camera (iPhone XS, iPhone XR and later)
– The door detector in Magnifier can locate a door, read signs and symbols around it, and give you instructions on how to open the door (iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro)
– Live Captions (Beta) automatically converts audio to text for the deaf or hard of hearing (iPhone 11 and later)
– Foreground blur for portrait photos in Camera blurs foreground objects for a more realistic depth of field effect (iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max and later)
The best tips and hacks for phones and gadgets
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find these secret features in social media apps? We’ve got you covered…
Get the latest news about WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and other tech gadgets here.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science Team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
https://www.thesun.ie/tech/9418656/iphone-ios-16-model-dependent-features-missing/ All the NEW iOS 16 tricks your iPhone might be too old for – are you missing out?