CAUSE Andrew and ex-wife Sarah Ferguson have been seen together for the first time since he was dramatically stripped of his royal titles this week.
The ex-couple looked pensive as they drove away from their shared home in Windsor – after it was revealed Charles and William spent Christmas planning to profit the Duke.
Andrew, who was at the helm of the Range Rover, wore a pullover and an open-collared yellow shirt, while Fergie, wearing a knitted hat, appeared to be talking to him.
Their car is being followed closely by another 4×4, driven by members of the police team protecting the prince.
The scene came in the midst of one of Andrew’s most challenging weeks.
The Queen released a statement on Thursday revealing he had been effectively expelled by the Royal Family, with little chance of returning to public life.
She met the boy that many people claim to be “her favorite” because an emotional summit before writing the letter in person.
Before that, the Queen held a meeting with future kings Charles and William, both of them were supposed to be sure that Andrew had to back off – and disappeared from public life forever.
Less than 24 hours before the news broke, Andrew discovered that he would face a civil trial by jury after technically trying to dismiss the case.
He is now left with only three options – with a grim choice between facing his accuser Virginia Giuffre in court, paying a £10m settlement or refusing to participate altogether.
Andrew vehemently denies any wrongdoing.
It is thought he feared financial ruin after his mother announced he would face trial as a private citizen.
As with any potential settlement, his legal fees have run up to £2m.
There are also claims that he can evicted from his 31-bed Georgian mansion, the Royal Lodge.
PRINCE ‘FEARS DESTITUTION’
It has been confirmed he will not lose his security details, which cost £300,000 a year.
A royal source told mirror: “It wasn’t until very recently that it emerged the sheer severity of this case and the consequences he had to face had not yet come to him.
“Now that the bills are mounting and the possibility of a settlement, or even worse, a judgment against him, is being widely discussed; he fears complete financial ruin.
“There’s a very real prospect of him being completely broken.”
Despite all the bad news, the Duke might be relieved to know that Fergie and their daughters Eugenie and Beatrice will not be called to give evidence in a civil case.
Sources close to the royal family say they have braced themselves for the family – and especially Beatrice, 33 – to be called as key witnesses.
🔵 Read ours Royal Family Live Blog for latest update
In a Nighttime News interview on a car crash in 2019, Andrew claims he was at Pizza Express in Woking with Beatrice on the night at the center of the claims against him.
However, in a surprise move last night, legal counsel for the accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre said that it only plans to seek deposits from two British witnesses.
Robert Olney, a former soldier for the Duke, and Shukri Walker, who claim to have seen Andrew at the Tramp nightclub in London the night he allegedly coerced Miss Giuffre into having sex with him, will be released. call.
Phil Dampier told Sun Online: “I don’t think he and Fergie are ever going to remarry – she’s been very loyal and supportive, but they’re not romantically involved anymore and I don’t think they ever were.
“Obviously, however, she is a shoulder to cry on.”
Fergie lives in a Royal Lodge apartment, despite the divorce of the former couple.
She also openly supports Andrew.
While their daughters Eugenie and Beatrice have made no public statements about their father, it was understood that – while deeply shaken by the allegations against him – they were also supportive.
https://www.thesun.ie/news/8210570/andrew-fergie-together-queen-royal-duke/ Andrew and Fergie meet for the first time since the Queen stripped him of his title for alleged rape