Antonblast looks like the Wario Land successor we’ve been begging for
It’s been almost 14 fucking years since we last got a real one Wario country Game. Of course the WarioWare The series is fantastic too, and we’d love to see it continue to grow, but we’d be lying if we said we didn’t miss the classic platformer gameplay of the core Wario Land series.
While Nintendo doesn’t seem to be in any rush to make a new entry in the series, a new project launching on Kickstarter today could look like the perfect alternative. Developed by Summitsphere, Antonblast is an over-the-top platformer with authentic Game Boy Advance aesthetics, drawing inspiration from a variety of games such as Wario Land 4, Metroid Dread, Cuphead, Shovel Knight, Sonic CD, and more Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back.
The developer wants to raise $75,000 to fully fund the project. Backers can donate $15 to bag a digital copy of the game and potential future DLC. Tiers go up to £10,000 for those who could be Yes, really convinced of the project.
Here is some game information from Summitsphere:
– Nine unique sprawling worlds with tons to explore!
– Destructive action and explosive escapes!
– Dynamic playstyle – rush to the end or explore at your own pace!
– Silky platforming gameplay with premium controls!
– Stunning hand-drawn animation a la earthworm Jim and Cuphead!
– Brutal earth-shattering bosses!
– A groovy, dynamic soundtrack with a retro flavor!
– Loads of replayability: Hard Mode, Boss Rush and more!
Assuming the Kickstarter achieves its intended goal, Antonblast will be coming to Nintendo Switch and Steam in 2023. There are stretch goals to allow for release on PlayStation and Xbox, but this depends on overall performance.
What do you think of Antonblast? Does it look like the spiritual successor to Wario Land you’ve been hoping for? Let us know!
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/antonblast-looks-like-the-wario-land-successor-weve-been-begging-for Antonblast looks like the Wario Land successor we’ve been begging for