Ryan Giggs sent his ex-girlfriend a litany of offensive messages, calling her a “nasty, horrible c***,” a court has heard.
The former Manchester United footballer is accused of using controlling and coercive behavior against Kate Greville, 36, between August 2017 and November 2020.
He is also accused of assaulting and actually assaulting Ms Greville and of assaulting their younger sister Emma Greville together at his home in Worsley, Greater Manchester on November 1, 2020.
Giggs has pleaded not guilty to all charges.
Outlining their case, prosecutors said the former Manchester United star was “idolized by honored fans and supporters” but that there was an ugly side to his character and that this was a “tale of control and coercion”.
Peter Wright QC told the judges: “Off the field, in the privacy of his own private life at home or behind closed doors, there was, as we say, the facts show, a much uglier and more sinister side of his character.”
Mr Wright read out some of the alleged text messages, in which Giggs would ask Ms Greville to unblock him, while in another he called Ms Greville a “nasty, awful c***”.
“This was a personal life that included a litany of physical and psychological abuse of a woman he allegedly loved,” Wright said.
“A woman who, in reality, if the evidence is to be believed, was treated in a way that cannot be condoned or overlooked by either the adoring public or the law.
“This is a story of control and coercion from a woman who believed she was loved and respected; Unfortunately, the reality looked very different.
“When the scales finally fell from her eyes after years of turmoil, she realized she needed to step outside of his sphere of influence.”
The process goes on.
Read the texts revealed in court below:
- “Please unblock me. All this blocking nonsense is shit. Promise, no more naked pictures [pictures]”
- In a second message, titled “READ LEE LEE,” Mr Giggs reportedly wrote: “Only a nasty horrible *** does that … Now I look like a complete *** telling my three of my friends that I going to Scotland at the weekend.”
- “I just can’t believe you fucking did that.”
- “I’m so damn angry right now I’m scaring myself because I could do anything.”
- “I really hate you for what you did to me. I hate you.”
- “HATE HATE HATE.”
- A third message was headed “blackmail,” but jurors were only told it contained the word “please” with an unspecified appendix
https://www.independent.ie/news/evil-horrible-c-abusive-texts-ryan-giggs-sent-girlfriend-revealed-41900554.html ‘Bad, Horrible C***’: ‘Abusive’ texts Ryan Giggs sent to his girlfriend revealed