Barclays 2023 bank closures: close 15 more branches
Banking brand Barclays has announced that a further 15 high street branches will be closed this year, meaning over 100 banks are set to close this year.
The bank will close 14 branches across England and Wales from late April to early May.
Barclays Locations in London, Gosport, Bridgewater and St Helens are among those to be closed within days.
Earlier this month, the bank announced that it would close 15 banks.
The news comes just a few days later NatWest said it is closing 23 stores, and has been for over a week Lloyd’s Banking Group said it is closing 40 Halifax and Lloyds locations.
Banks have led in footfall, with branches falling rapidly since online banking began and falling further during the pandemic.
Have you received a text or phone call claiming to be from Barclays? It could be a scam.
Scammers impersonate real organizations to gain access to your bank account or instruct you to transfer funds to a secure account. Hang up and call your bank on a trusted number.
— Barclays UK (@BarclaysUK) December 8, 2022
Lloyd’s said the number of customers visiting the stores to be closed has fallen by an average of 60% over the past five years.
Nationwide also announced the closure of a store in Kingswood, Gloucestershire.
This means the total number of High Street Banks branches closing this year is already 103.
Barclays store closures planned:
- Gosport-43/44 High Street-26. April
- Bedale-18a North late April 26
- Bridgewater-16 High Street-26. April
- Heywood-2 Church Street-28. April
- Stamford-46/49 Broad Street-28. April
- Oakham-10 High Street – 28 April
- Wymondham-45 Market Street-28. April
- London-19 Fleet Street-3. May
- Watton-56 High Street – 3 May
- Chislehurst – 7 High Street – May 4th
- St Helens – 19 Church Street – May 4th
- 221 Watling Street Radlett – May 5th
- Leyburn – Market Place – May 5th
- Talbot Green – 3 Ely Valley Road – 5 May
- Oundle-2 New Street-5. May
Barclay card customers concerned about the closure announcements are being told they may still have options if they require in-person assistance.
The bank announced it will be offering a support van and pop-up banks where you can get help and advice.
Pop-up van dates are available via the Barclays website.
Customers all have access to certain post office facilities, including cash and check deposits, as well as checking their balance and withdrawing cash.
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/23284274.barclays-2023-bank-closures-15-branches-close/?ref=rss Barclays 2023 bank closures: close 15 more branches