The star – who was convicted late last year after pleading guilty to several driving-related crimes – will hit the screens tonight in Katie Price: What Harvey Did Next filmed against her backdrop are in legal trouble
Video not available
The BBC has refused to apologize for paying Katie Price to star in a documentary about her disabled son Harvey – which was filming her amid a legal battle as she was convicted of the crime driving uninsured and unqualified.
A backlash has been brought against the Corporation over their decision to make a documentary titled Katie Price: What Harvey Did Next, about the man’s troubled 19-year-old son. He was 43 years old when he enrolled in a specialized college for the academically gifted. difficulty.
However, the documentary is controversial because it was filmed when Katie had to appear in court for drink driving after she flipped her BMW X5 into a fence near her ‘Mucky Mansion’ home in London. West Sussex at 6am last September.
Katie herself avoided a prison sentence after pleading guilty to her crime and after she obeyed a court order to complete a course of treatment, she was enrolled in the Convent for a period of time following the horrific accident. .
BBC / Minnow Films / Richard Ansett)
Sentenced last December, Katie was given a 16-week suspended prison sentence, 100 hours of community service and a two-year driving ban.
But there is growing discontent over Katie’s continued work in popular television despite a criminal record – with reports over the weekend suggesting BBC staff are also frustrated she has been given the job by the Group. give a foundation.
The Mail on Sunday reported to which an irate BBC employee complained: “The running of this program has gone down like a lead ball among some staff. They can’t believe Katie is getting paid and airtime after she could have killed someone.”
While TV fans have also complained, with one taking to Twitter to say: “Can someone explain to me why the BBC came up with the name of this addicted, drunk driver, whatever any airtime?”
When asked to comment on the backlash, a BBC spokesperson told the Mirror: “Katie Price: What Harvey Did Next is a documentary that explores and sheds light on an occasional facet of disability. screened.
“The film highlights the experiences of Harvey Price, who lives with a complex array of medical and behavioral conditions, as he enters a new phase of adulthood and the difficult decisions he makes. and his mother gave when he enrolled in college.
“This series has a lot of focus on Harvey, and we believe he’s an important story to tell. This BBC show deals with Katie Price’s arrest following her car crash. , in light of how Harvey’s life would be affected if something happened to his Mother.”
When asked, the BBC also refused to disclose how much the License Fee payer used to pay Katie while she was on the show – which will air on BBC One at 9pm tonight.
The documentary, which was made after a pre-screening, titled Katie Price: Harvey And Me, proved to be a hit in January 2021, attracting five million viewers and engaging audiences of the group. Target age from 16 to 24 profitable.
The BBC was also stoned by fans earlier this year after they confirmed Katie would not be edited in an episode of RuPaul’s Drag Race: UK vs The World airing on BBC Three and the offending episode appeared on screen two weeks ago – and just weeks after the star was convicted of her guilty verdict.
A spokesman told the Mirror before the episode aired: “The show was very well filmed early last year.”
Do you have a story to sell? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us directly on 0207 29 33033.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bbc-hits-back-bitter-backlash-26406002 BBC hits back at backlash over Katie Price being paid to star in new documentary