Blac Chyna sued family members for $40 million on the grounds of loss of income and more than $60 million in future earnings — and she won the legal battle after a grand jury 12 people decide her victory.
Blac Chyna lost her legal battle against the Kardashian family after she took them to court for defamation and other charges.
She filed a $100 million lawsuit against her family, and they’ve been fighting it out in court for the past few weeks.
One’s mother – who previously dated Rob Kardashian – claims the group was responsible for her Rob & Chyna performance being cancelled.
The couple – who share 6-year-old daughter Dream – split in 2017.
The KUWTK spin-off, titled Rob and Chyna, ran for a season before being hit by US ‘E! network.
However, Rob’s attorney argued that the couple’s split led to the show’s cancellation.
The Kardashians have denied all of the claims that Chyna has made.
Now, a judge has ruled a loss for 33-year-old Chyna – finding that none of the Kardashians have defamed Chyna, nor have they interfered with her contract by how to convince E! network to cancel her Rob & Chyna gig.
The four Kardashian defendants including Kim Kardashian, Kris Jenner, Khloé Kardashian and Kylie Jenner attended almost the entire trial.
However, when the verdict was read, all four stars were in New York at the Met Gala.
After lengthy deliberation, the jurors decided that the Kardashians often acted ‘unscrupulous’.
They found that the family was not justified in telling Rob & Chyna executives and producers that Chyna had physically abused their brother and son, Rob Kardashian.
However, they found that it did not significantly affect Chyna’s contract or the fate of the show, and that she was not awarded damages.
Kardashian’s lawyer, Michael G Rhodes, said the family was ‘delighted’ and ‘very pleased’ when he called them to tell the news.
It comes after jurors failed to reach a verdict on Friday.
Kim, Kourtney, Khloe and Kris, who all testified earlier in the week, were absent from the courtroom on Friday – as was Chyna.
The 12-member jury spent seven hours debating in the Downtown Los Angeles courthouse – but were forced to resume the trial this week.
Khrome / SplashNews.com)
Chyna sued family members for $40 million on the grounds of loss of income and over $60 million in future earnings, claiming that they used their influence to cancel season two. two of the program.
She also claims the family has embarked on a campaign to tarnish her reputation by encouraging network operators to join the show, after the model and social media site allegedly got into a fight with Rob. in December 2016. The couple went their separate ways soon after.
However, there was good news for Kim, 41, in the courtroom, after attorney Rhodes filed a ‘direct judgment’ motion asking Judge Gregory Alarcon to remove her from the defamation charges.
He assumed that Kim’s comments in emails to her family or E! the executives did not ‘slander’ and added that the lawsuit against her should be dismissed as it was not included in the jury’s instructions.
Ralph Notaro / Splash News)
Judge Alarcon agreed and said in her written ruling that a handwritten summary of the matter issued by Chyna’s attorney, Lynne Ciani, ‘failed to establish a defamatory statement by Kim Kardashian .’
“Therefore, a motion for direct judgment is brought against Kim Kardashian on cause of defamation of action,” the judge told the court.
The ruling read: “There is no evidence that defendant Kim Kardashian participated ‘partially responsible’ in releasing the alleged statements of the other defendants.”
Do you have a story to sell? Contact us at email@example.com or call us directly on 0207 29 33033.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/blac-chyna-loses-100m-legal-26851689 Blac Chyna loses $100 million legal battle against Kardashians as jury reaches verdict