News

Boy burns layers off tongue after eating extra sour SWEET as parents issue warning – World News

There are growing calls for extra-sour sweets with full warnings and strict age restrictions after a number of parents reported their children’s tongues were burned by the treats

Arents have been warned about the dangers of extra-sour lollipops after a young boy suffered severe burns to his tongue while nibbling the acidic candy.
Parents have been warned about the dangers of extra sour lollipops after a little boy suffered severe burns

Parents and dentists have given mums and dads a sharp warning after a layer of a boy’s tongue was singed by an extra-strong candy.

They were briefed on the dangers of the popular lollipop after the boy suffered severe burns to his mouth.

Safety and first aid service CPR Kids shared a picture of the child showing his scalded tongue.

Because of the high acidity, he needed urgent medical attention.

The organization didn’t name the candy or the company – but says parents need to be careful when choosing treats for teens.

The post read: “The packaging of sour candy often dictates that children under the age of 4 should not eat the candy and that rapid consumption of multiple lollipops may cause ‘temporary irritation of the sensitive tongue and mouth.’






The post came weeks after another mum showed what a similar candy did to her baby daughter’s tongue

“We understand the labels come with warnings, but dentists say the lollipops should be avoided altogether, regardless of age, due to the acidic coating.”

The photo was sent to CPR Kids by the boy’s mother from Perth, Australia, so they could “spread awareness”.

It comes months after former paramedic and child safety educator Nikki Jurcutz shared a picture on Facebook after a teenage girl snagged her brother’s candy.

She also wanted to make other parents aware of the dangers of sour sweets.

The post read: “My daughter got caught in my son’s War Head Lollies.

“They are super pissed off and pissed off. She comes to me and yells ‘My tongue is sore’.

“They had burned her tongue, she was upset. We spoke to a doctor and got advice on what to do.

“Thankfully she’s fine, but I was so concerned when I saw what they had done to her.”

The lollipop the little girl consumed had been a War Heads lollipop made by Impact Confections, the mother claimed.

Notes on their website state that some sweets are only suitable for children aged four and over.

dr The Australian Dental Association’s Jonathan Teoh supported parents’ calls for companies to give stronger warnings that sour lollipops can be “very dangerous”.

Continue reading

Continue reading

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/boy-burns-layers-tongue-after-26802925 Boy burns layers off tongue after eating extra sour SWEET as parents issue warning - World News

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button