Brighton mum’s horror after son nearly burned down house with Weetabix

A MOTHER got the shock of her life when her 10-year-old son nearly set her kitchen on fire while microwaved his Weetabix cereal.

Leanne Chatfield, 31, was having a nightmarish first run of the new term when she came downstairs and found her microwave in a puff of smoke.

The Brighton mother-of-two has been busy looking after her one-year-old daughter Alice, so her son Harrison offered to cook breakfast for his little sister.

The sixth year was keen to help his mom on his first day of school, so he microwaved Alice’s Weetabix.

But the boy forgot to add milk, and the breakfast favorite was burned to a crisp.

The Argus: The Scorched WeetabixThe burnt Weetabix

Leanne came downstairs smelling of burning to find her 60-pound microwave filled with thick black smoke.

She arrived in time to turn off the microwave and prevent a house fire – but as a result, Harrison was late for school.

“Harrison is the cutest boy and always wants to help me in any way he can,” she said.

“He told me he would make Alice’s breakfast while I got the baby ready for the day, but he obviously forgot to add a very important ingredient.

“When I came down the microwave was full of smoke and after I opened the microwave door it filled the whole kitchen.

The Argus: The State of the Microwave after Harrison tries to be helpfulThe state of the microwave after Harrison tried to be helpful

“After the fumes cleared, the Weetabix was down to a square of charcoal and the inside of my microwave is now stained yellow.

“I can’t get the stain off no matter what I’ve tried and now the burning smell stinks from the kitchen whenever I use it.

“I’ve only had it for two months, but unfortunately I have to replace it.

“You have to laugh at these things and I can’t be angry because I know he was just trying to be helpful.

“We all make mistakes, it’s just a shame it has to be a really stinky, expensive one.”

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/21308658.brighton-mums-horror-son-almost-burns-house-weetabix/?ref=rss Brighton mum’s horror after son nearly burned down house with Weetabix

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button