An inquiry into allegations of bullying against the Duchess is reportedly never released, and some of those taking part in the inquiry are deeply disappointed that the report was “buried”.
A Buckingham Palace investigation into claims that Meghan Markle bullied members of her staff will reportedly never be released.
The palace has reportedly improved its human resources policies and procedures as a result of the Queen’s privately funded inquiry, but no longer plans to make a public statement on the inquiry or publicly acknowledge the numerous changes.
An independent law firm conducted the investigation, with some participants reportedly disappointed that the report was “buried”.
The Sunday Times claims the report is being kept secret to protect participants and avoid further clashes between the Sussexes and the palace.
Some of those involved are upset because they haven’t even been told the results of the investigation, the newspaper reports.
Changes to Palace staffing policies are expected to be published in the annual Sovereign Grants report later this month.
Buckingham Palace declined to comment.
The investigation focused on claims the Duchess of Sussex bullied two PAs out of their jobs.
Meghan’s lawyers branded the allegations a “calculated smear campaign” launched before her interview with Oprah.
The Duchess of Sussex has been accused of humiliating palace staff at meetings, yelling at them and “reigning in fear,” according to one author.
©Francis Dias/NEWSPIX INTERNATIONAL)
British Press via Getty Images)
Meghan’s closest friends and former fellow actors denied the claims, saying they couldn’t be more different than the “kind” person they know and love.
Royal author Robert Lacey detailed tensions within the royal household dating back to 2017.
According to his book Battle of the Brothers, Prince William was “very concerned” after learning of allegations of bullying against Meghan.
A courtier quoted in the book claimed: “Meghan is ruled by fear. So many people have said it. Nothing was ever good enough for her.
“[She] humiliated staff in meetings, [would] yell at you [would] Cut them off email chains – and then demand to know why they didn’t do anything.”
The Duchess was confronted about her behavior back in 2017, around the time the Sussexes got engaged, The Times reported.
However, when senior staff member Meghan shared that her behavior caused difficulties for staff, she reportedly said, “It’s not my job to coddle people.”
Jason Knauf, who worked in communications for both the Cambridges and Sussexes, submitted an official email in October 2018 detailing the bullying allegations.
Get the latest news in your inbox. Sign up for the free Mirror newsletter
The allegations against the Duchess surfaced publicly in March 2021, with Buckingham Palace saying it was “concerned” by reports that staff had been bullied.
Meghan Markle’s personal assistant Melissa Toubati, who resigned from the Duchess of Sussex after just six months, took part in the investigation.
A source previously said: “Meghan made a lot of demands on her and it ended up in tears.”
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/buckingham-palace-probe-meghan-markle-27273026 Buckingham Palace investigation into Meghan Markle's bullying claims that 'will NEVER be made public'