To update [6th May at 13:30BST]:
Capcom has released an updated customer information page (Japanese) reiterating the information from the March event that on June 30th you must download and install a 13GB update to access online play in Monster Hunter Rise. It is mandatory for online services even if you don’t buy the Sunbreak extension.
Original article [15th March at 14:50GMT]:
Capcom hosted a digital event for Monster Hunter Rise today: Sunburn, the “massive expansion”. It was full of excellent detail and footage with the key information that it was going to launch June 30th on Switch, with pre-orders on the eShop set to go live today. [Update: pre-orders are now live, priced at £35.99 / $39.99]
The show itself lasted almost 20 minutes and is absolutely worth seeing. Below is a summary of some important details:
- Released June 30th, pre-orders are live today.
- Key features include new story, base, locations, monsters and the “master rank”.
- ‘Citadel’ is a new environment with varied locations.
- We took a close look at Outpost Elgado, a large hub with an all-new cast of characters.
- Three “Lords” are big goals. Garangolm, a powerful beast with fangs and heavy attacks. Lunagaron, a fanged wyvern capable of covering its body in ice. Finally, Elder Dragon Malzeno, the main monster of the expansion.
- There will be new wire bug moves and many additions to freshen up the gameplay.
Capcom has confirmed a few things regarding access to the content. First, a 13GB update is required on June 30th whether you buy Sunbreak or not (mandatory for online play). There will also be a bundle containing the base game and expansion for sale together for those new to Rise. And yes, there will be a physical edition that includes the expansion.
As a reminder, you must have completed the 7* quest “Serpent: Goddess of Thunder” to trigger the expansion; This was the “true ending” that came as a post-launch update. If you haven’t made it yet, you still have time!
Finally, three amiibo were announced above that can redeem special armor sets and be scanned for daily “lottery” matches.
Those were the important details; Are you looking forward to Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak this summer?
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/capcom-reiterates-that-13gb-monster-hunter-rise-update-will-be-mandatory-for-online-play Capcom reiterates that the 13GB Monster Hunter Rise update will be mandatory for online play