Chocobo GP version 1.1.0 adds Balamb Garden, adjusts leveling, here are the full patch notes
The next season of Chocobo GP – Square Enix’s answer to Mario Kart – is imminent. After a delay in launching Season 2, Square Enix is now preparing to wave the checkered flag for the next changes.
The biggest update since the game’s launch, version 1.1.0, is coming to Chocobo GP on May 31st, kicking off Season 2 of the kart racer. The upcoming patch doesn’t just prep the game and fix bugs though – two major additions allow Lite Edition players to play online and the introduction of a brand new course in Balamb Garden, the legendary school of Final Fantasy VIII.
Also coming next week is some sort of “mirror mode” as well as some changes to the various in-game currencies that have been a point of contention.
Here’s everything you can expect with the upcoming update:
Chocobo GP – Version 1.1.0 (May 31st)
1. Lite Edition players can now participate in online multiplayer modes.
2. The new track “Balamb Garden” has been added to the game.
*This track can be selected in Multiplayer, Time Attack and Custom Race modes.
*This track will appear in Chocobo GP mode once Season 2 begins.
3. New series “The Demon Series” has been added to the game.
*This series can be selected once you have achieved 3rd place or higher in the Omega series.
4. Starting in Season 2, mirrored versions of tracks will appear in Chocobo GP mode.
5. Some character skills have been adjusted.
– The following characters now take less damage when attacked with abilities and only crash instead of being wiped out:
– Made it easier for the following characters to fill their skill gauge:
6. Magicite received during races has been changed
7. Magicite can now be used when taunting.
8. Gil left over at the end of a season can now be carried over to the next season.
9. The number of crystals required to get an item ticket has now been fixed at 10.
*Please note that when applying this update, the total number of crystals a player has collected will be reduced to a single digit (the unit value is kept, tens and hundreds are removed).
10. The in-race BGM selection function can now be used from the start.
11. Improvements to issues with characters getting stuck on the terrain of some tracks.
12. Other improvements and bug fixes.
Square Enix also added a note on the game’s operational guidelines for Season 2 and beyond, where most of the major Season Pass and currency changes are located. This update includes removing the daily login bonus, removing premium price passes from sale, and reducing daily challenges to one per day:
Operating guidelines for Season 2 and beyond:
1. Premium Prize Passes, Level Up Tickets and Team Stickers will be withdrawn from sale.
*Team Stickers are now primarily earned as price level rewards and will no longer be available in the shop.
*Price passes (e.g. the non-premium price passes) will continue to be sold.
To celebrate the start of Season 2, all players will receive a login bonus of 800 Mythril.
2. Basically, all costumes and other products added to the Mythril Store will remain on sale for the following season and beyond.
3. Increased the size of points earned by playing Chocobo GP.
4. Mythril has been added to prize tier rewards
5. Prize tier reward composition has been reassessed so that all key items are now obtainable until reaching tier 20.
*Level 21 and above are now additional levels primarily focused on earning gil.
6. The characters and other reward items earned as prize level rewards are also sold in the ticket shop.
*The items offered in the ticket shop are usually available for an unlimited period and can also be purchased in the next season and beyond.
*If a player has already purchased the same item from the ticket shop when they receive it as a price level reward, they will receive a lot of gil instead.
7. Items added to the gil shop will only be premium paints and wallpapers from now on.
*The new characters added for Season 2 are all available as prize-level rewards and are sold in the ticket shop.
*The items available for Season 1 that were not premium paints or backgrounds will remain on sale in the Gil Store.
8. Adjustments to Challenges
– The number of daily challenges issued is limited to one.
– Victory conditions for weekly challenges will be easier to achieve.
– The rewards for each challenge will only be changed in gil and the amount actually received will be increased.
9. Weekly login bonuses (50 Mythril) will be abandoned.
Finally, the company has also fixed issues with team stickers, which will be removed from sale in the in-game shop starting next week and will now be prize-level rewards. As a result, Square Enix is then giving a brand new one-time login bonus:
Various issues occurred during Season 1 that caused team stickers to disappear, causing great inconvenience to players. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
As mentioned above, as of Season 2, team emotes will no longer be offered in the shop and will instead be purchased as price level rewards.
In the future, we will be offering the following sign-up bonus to all players to increase everyone’s enjoyment of Chocobo GP.
– 3000 myril
– From the beginning to the end of Season 2 (Can only be claimed once)
The patch is due out next Tuesday, May 31st, and it’s looking pretty intense at that. Are these changes? enough to bring you back to Chocobo GP? Or are you still playing the game? Let us know in the comments.
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/chocobo-gp-version-1-1-0-adds-balamb-garden-adjusts-levelling-here-are-the-full-patch-notes Chocobo GP version 1.1.0 adds Balamb Garden, adjusts leveling, here are the full patch notes