Claimants have two days to update payments or risk having funds stopped

Beneficiaries will no longer be able to receive tax credits, child support, and child support on Post Office card accounts after April 5. Here’s what you need to know

Video is loading

Video not available

Dispatches examines the difficulties surrounding disability benefits

Beneficiaries who deposit HMRC benefits into a Post Office card account have just two days to redirect their payments.

One big change means you won’t be able to get tax credits, child support, and child support on postcard accounts after April 5th.

It is important that you update your payment details by this date otherwise HMRC will temporarily hold your payments until you contact them.

Customers can choose to receive their HMRC benefits into a bank, building society or credit union account.

HMRC will stop making these payments to Post Office card accounts on April 6th.

Switch now or lose the benefits, HMRC warns



The switch to postcard account payments was supposed to go into effect on November 30 last year.

When HMRC issued an update in mid-March there were still around 6,800 people receiving these benefits deposited into postcard accounts.

Here we explain what you need to know.

What do I have to do next?

If you have already set up another bank account you can contact HMRC to give them your new details.

Your benefit payments will then be transferred to this account instead of your postcard account.

If you need to set up a new bank account, you should provide HMRC with your new details once your new account is up and running.

Having trouble setting up a new bank account? Let us know:

The amount you receive in benefits and your payment date from HMRC will not be affected by these changes.

You can update your personal tax account or child benefit account online at or by calling 0300 200 3100.

Anyone receiving tax credits can change their account details online through by calling the tax credit hotline on 0345 300 3900.

Postcard accounts will also be closed for those receiving benefits from the Department for Works and Pensions (DWP).

This includes those who receive Universal Credit, the State Pension, or other DWP benefits.

However, those affected by this change have more time to reroute their payments as the deadline for ordering a new payment is November 30, 2022.

For those who use services from the DWP and do not want to open a bank account, you can use the Payment Exception Service.

The payment exception service allows you to withdraw your cash using either a payment card, email voucher or SMS with a unique reference number.

One of these methods must be presented at a PayPoint point of sale in stores and newsagents to access your benefits.

If you don’t update the DWP with your new details by November next year, you will automatically be switched to the Payment Exception service.

The Payment Exception Service is only available to DWP benefit claimants and not to those receiving HMRC benefits.

Continue reading

Continue reading Claimants have two days to update payments or risk having funds stopped

Fry Electronics Team

Fry is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button