Clemson tumbled to No. 25 in The Related Press faculty soccer ballot Sunday, snapping its streak of 97 straight weeks within the high 10.
The Tigers (2-2) misplaced for the second time this season Saturday — falling in double additional time to NC State — and dropped 16 spots from No. 9 within the AP Top 25.
Clemson’s top-10 streak was tied with Alabama for the longest present run in faculty soccer and second-longest within the historical past of the AP ballot, behind Miami’s 137 from 1985 to 1993.
The Crimson Tide remained No. 1 with 58 first-place votes out of 62. No. 2 Georgia acquired the remaining 4 first-place votes. Oregon stayed No. 3. Penn State moved up two spots to No. 4, Iowa held at No. 5, and Oklahoma slipped two spots to No. 6.
Cincinnati moved up a spot to No. 7, and Arkansas jumped eight spots to No. 8 after beating Texas A&M. The Razorbacks have their finest rating since they had been No. 8 early within the 2012 season.
That season, Arkansas misplaced its second recreation of the season to Louisiana-Monroe and was by no means ranked once more. The Razorbacks had completed fifth the season earlier than beneath Bobby Petrino.
No. 9 Notre Dame and Florida rounded out the highest 10.
Clemson did handle to increase its streak of weeks ranked to 107, the third-longest lively streak behind Alabama (218) and Ohio State (150).
The Buckeyes’ streak doesn’t embrace polls during which they had been ineligible in the course of the 2020 season as a result of the Massive Ten was not planning to play as a result of coronavirus pandemic.
Alabama’s present streak of ballot appearances is second all time to Nebraska’s 348 from 1981 to 2002.
After six ranked groups misplaced this weekend, 4 to unranked opponents, 4 new groups entered the rankings for the primary time this season.
• No. 19 Oklahoma State improved to 4-0 by beating Kansas State. The Cowboys completed final season ranked.
• No. 21 Baylor is 4-0 after upsetting Iowa State at residence and is ranked for the primary time because the ultimate 2019 ballot.
• No. 23 NC State (3-1) snapped an eight-game shedding streak towards Clemson to maneuver into the rankings. The Wolfpack had been ranked briefly at No. 23 final season.
• No. 24 Wake Forest is 4-0 for the primary time since 2019, when the Demon Deacons had been ranked for a complete of 5 weeks with a peak of No. 19. That is the one season Wake has been ranked since 2008.
Two groups that began the season within the high 10 are actually unranked.
• Iowa State began No. 7, its finest rating in class historical past after ending ninth in 2020, however now sits at 2-2 and unranked.
• North Carolina was No. 10 to begin the season however fell out after being routed by Georgia Tech to fall to 2-2.
• Wisconsin started the season No. 12 however, after shedding to Penn State and Notre Dame to fall to 1-2, is unranked.
• Kansas State spent one week within the rankings and dropped out.
The SEC has 4 groups within the high 10 and 5 within the high 12, together with Ole Miss at No. 12.
SEC – 7 (Nos. 1, 2, 8, 10, 12, 15, 22)
Massive Ten – 5 (Nos. 4, 5, 11, 14, 17)
ACC – 3 (Nos. 23, 24, 25)
Massive 12 – 3 (Nos. 6, 19, 21)
Pac-12 – 2 (Nos. 3, 20)
American – 1 (No. 7)
Solar Belt — 1 (No. 16)
Mountain West – 1 (No. 18)
Independents – 2 (Nos. 8, 13).
RANKED vs. RANKED
No. 12 Ole Miss at No. 1 Alabama. First ranked matchup between the Rebels and Tide since 2017.
No. 8 Arkansas at No. 2 Georgia. The Razorbacks’ resurgence has been one of many tales of the primary month of the season.
No. 7 Cincinnati at No. 9 Notre Dame. The Preventing Irish obliged the Bearcats, who want Notre Dame to be pretty much as good as attainable if they’ve any shot to sneak into the playoff.
No. 21 Baylor at No 19 Oklahoma State. Is likely to be a brief keep within the rankings for one of many Massive 12 rivals.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32285441/clemson-tigers-fall-no-25-ap-top-25-snapping-top-10-streak | Clemson Tigers fall to No. 25 in AP Prime 25, snapping top-10 streak