UFC star Conor McGregor will appear in court today in connection with alleged dangerous driving offenses and find out if he faces further charges.
The 33-year-old MMA fighter faces traffic offense charges in an incident in west Dublin earlier this year.
He is scheduled to appear in Blanchardstown District Court.
McGregor, with an address at The Paddocks, Castledillon, Straffan, Co. Kildare, is charged with double dangerous driving on March 22 at Lucan Road in Lucan and the N4/M50 motorway junction in Palmerstown.
He is also charged with driving without insurance and without a license and failing to present his documents at a Garda station within 10 days.
McGregor had been arrested on the day of the alleged offences, but was released on bail at Lucan Garda train station and released ahead of his first court appearance in April.
Garda Denis Lordan told the April hearing that McGregor had not responded to the other charges related to his license and insurance. Copies of the charge sheets were handed to him, the Garda said.
In June, Judge David McHugh placed him in custody on bail to appear in court again today.
McGregor was instructed that an investigation file was with the Director of Public Prosecutions and a decision would be made on the possibility of further charges.
Garda Sergeant Walter Sweeney asked the judge to adjourn the case “to consider additional charges.”
Defense attorney Michael Staines said his client agreed. However, he has not yet indicated a lawsuit.
The charge of dangerous driving is based on § 53 StVO.
If convicted, the maximum penalty is a fine of up to €5,000 or imprisonment for up to six months, or both.
https://www.independent.ie/news/conor-mcgregor-due-in-court-today-over-alleged-dangerous-driving-incident-41971101.html Conor McGregor is in court today on charges of alleged dangerous driving accident