Sports

Conor McGregor is offering a £50,000 reward for information on bar attacks

McGregor’s Black Forge Inn was attacked in January, prompting police to launch an investigation into the incident

blank
Video is loading

Video not available

Cian Cowley discusses Conor McGregor’s first spar back

Conor McGregor has offered €50,000 in cash to anyone who can identify a person loitering near his Dublin pub on the night of the attack.

McGregor’s £2million bar at the Black Forge Inn was hit with petrol bombs in January, with witnesses claiming to have seen two people on motor scooters near the venue. No one was injured in the attack and the pub itself was not damaged.

Irish police launched an investigation but McGregor, 33, took to social media to ask for help. “Hey guys! I have a $50,000 reward in every 100 crisp, untouched notes,” he wrote. “Not a wrinkle on them. The wrinkle-free green backs. I call them yummy. Whoever tells us who this little chicken head is. The walking, running and scrawny build are all very distinctive. Nothing will be said, but done. Turn see who can reach me. Look forward to doing business.”






Conor McGregor’s social media post

McGregor later deleted the message, but not before it circulated online. The former two-weight world champion also released CCTV footage showing the person walking into an area near the pub before a flare is seen and the person hurries off. The footage is from January 12th this year, the night the pub was attacked, and the timestamp shows 11:20pm.

Later Monday, McGregor posted a message on social media indicating his appeal had been successful. “Wow, that was quick,” he wrote. “Thank you, good Samaritan.”

At the time of the attack, a spokesman for McGregor’s Pub said: “After hours last night it appears that criminals made an unprovoked attempt to harm the Black Forge Inn. There was no damage to guests, staff or the Forge and Mr McGregor was not on the premises at the time of the incident The Gardai have launched an investigation into the incident.

McGregor is currently completing his recovery from the broken leg he sustained in his third fight with Dustin Poirier last summer. He plans to return to the UFC this summer, and at welterweight, having previously won the featherweight and lightweight belts.

McGregor has called up 170-pound champion Kamaru Usman but the Nigerian will take on British star Leon Edwards on July 2. A more realistic proposition for McGregor would be a third fight with longtime rival Nate Diaz.

Continue reading

Continue reading

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/mma/conor-mcgregor-offers-50000-cash-26793451 Conor McGregor is offering a £50,000 reward for information on bar attacks

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button