(as of Sep 23,2021 02:22:29 UTC – Particulars)
Cross-Platform Desktop Purposes guides you step-by-step by creating Node.js desktop purposes with NW.js and Electron from GitHub. Foreword by Cheng Zhao, creator of Electron.
Buy of the print e-book features a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
In regards to the Know-how
In regards to the Guide
Cross-Platform Desktop Purposes guides you step-by-step by the event of desktop purposes utilizing Electron and NW.js. This instance-filled information reveals you find out how to create your personal file explorer, after which steps by among the APIs offered by the frameworks to work with the digital camera, entry the clipboard, make a recreation with keyboard controls, and construct a Twitter desktop notification device. You will then discover ways to take a look at your purposes, and debug and package deal them as binaries for numerous OSs.
- Create a selfie app with the desktop digital camera
- Discover ways to take a look at Electron apps with Devtron
- Discover ways to use Node.js along with your software
In regards to the Reader
In regards to the Creator
Paul Jensen works at Starcount and lives in London, UK.
Desk of Contents
- Introducing Electron and NW.js
- Laying the inspiration on your first desktop software
- Constructing your first desktop software
- Delivery your first desktop software
- Utilizing Node.js inside NW.js and Electron
- Exploring NW.js and Electron’s internals
- Controlling how your desktop app is displayed
- Creating tray purposes
- Creating software and context menus
- Dragging and dropping information and crafting the UI
- Utilizing a webcam in your software
- Storing app knowledge
- Copying and pasting contents from the clipboard
- Binding on keyboard shortcuts
- Making desktop notifications
- Testing desktop apps
- Enhancing app efficiency with debugging
- Packaging the appliance for the broader world
PART 1 – WELCOME TO NODE.JS DESKTOP APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
PART 2 – DIVING DEEPER
PART 3 – MASTERING NODE.JS DESKTOP APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
PART 4 – GETTING READY TO RELEASE
From the Writer
About this Guide
NW.js and Electron are desktop software frameworks powered by Node.js. They permit builders to create cross-platform desktop apps utilizing HTML, CSS, and Java-Script. They provide internet designers and builders a method to take their current expertise for crafting internet apps and interfaces, and apply that to constructing desktop apps. The frameworks additionally assist delivery apps for Mac OS, Home windows, and Linux from the identical codebase, that means that builders can save time and power when creating desktop apps that each one OSs can use.
NW.js and Electron come from a shared historical past, and have some comparable approaches to app options. This e-book covers each frameworks subject by subject, serving to you to see what they’ve in frequent, and the place they differ of their approaches. It will provide help to to resolve which framework is finest on your wants. We’ll cowl a broad vary of apps and options collectively, to spark your ardour and curiosity, in addition to present concepts for belongings you would possibly need to construct however don’t understand how.
I hope you benefit from the e-book, and that you simply get to make one thing nice with it.
Who Ought to Learn This Guide
Writer:Manning Publications; 1st version (Might 15, 2017)
Merchandise Weight:1.39 kilos
Dimensions:7.38 x 0.8 x 9.25 inches