Blackpool Council food inspectors were called to TFC in Highfield Road and found a series of hygiene breaches that were exposing customers to “extremely serious consequences”.
A dirty diner was found to be fraught with risks of contamination, including raw chicken, full bins and dirty utensils.
Blackpool Council food inspectors were called to the TFC in Highfield Road on August 19 last year and found a series of hygiene breaches that were exposing customers to “extremely serious consequences”.
Inside, they discovered open containers of raw chicken in fridges and freezers, “which poses a risk of cross-contamination with harmful food-poisoning bacteria,” a court heard.
Potentially dangerous contamination risks from allergens were also identified, with sesame seed bread buns left open and seeds falling off, and shredded cheese chunks in the prep area. reports Lancs Live.
The council said this lack of control of allergens “could pose a safety risk for those with an allergy to sesame or dairy”.
The premises were found to be consistently dirty and in need of thorough cleaning.
A spokesman for the council added: “It was evident that the shop had not been cleaned up from the previous day, with a full bin, dirty utensils and dirty cooking equipment that had not been used that day.
“There was an accumulation of trash and unused equipment in the backyard. Surveillance records had not been completed for three weeks, which should be in place to show safe practices are being followed.”
Takeaway owner Tafayul Choudhury, 50, was charged with five counts of food hygiene offenses in Blackpool Magistrates Court on Wednesday. He was ordered to pay a fine of £741, costs of £2500 and a victim’s surcharge of £74.
Andrew Teebay/Liverpool Echo)
Tim Coglan, Head of Public Protection and Enforcement at Blackpool Council, said: “This law enforcement sends a strong message to Blackpool’s food business operators. Failure to follow health and hygiene procedures can have extremely serious consequences for the consumer.
“During the pandemic, we know some businesses have struggled to maintain standards due to repeated closures. Now that all restrictions have been lifted and businesses are operating as usual, there is no excuse for not complying with legal requirements.
“Any shortfall will not be tolerated, especially if it poses a risk to the public.”
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/filthy-takeaway-riddled-contamination-risks-27265418 Dirty diner full of contamination risks, raw chicken and dirty utensils