News

‘Disgusting’ diner slammed when cockroaches were found in store and on counter

Sanitation inspectors visited Master Chef in Failsworth, Greater Manchester and found cockroaches all over the diner and even on the counter, prompting local residents to blow up the store

Food inspectors found cockroaches "through" Master chef to take away
Food inspectors found cockroaches “everywhere” in the master chef’s diner

One diner was found to be infested with roaches throughout the store and even on the counter.

Abdul Ahad, the owner of Master Chef on Oldham Road in Failsworth, Greater Manchester, has now pleaded guilty to food hygiene breaches.

The dead roaches were discovered during a routine inspection by Oldham Council on December 2, 2020, the reported Manchester evening news.

Environmental health officials say they’ve found German cockroaches throughout the store, including on sticky boards and the counter.

The flooring and appliances were also dirty and there was nothing for the staff to dry their hands with at the hand basin.







Local residents have blasted the takeaway because of its hygiene standards
(

Picture:

Google)

Local residents took to social media to slam the takeaway, and there have been calls for it to be “permanently” closed.

One person wrote on Facebook: “Too many take away places in Oldham and no inspection. Disgusting.”

Another said: “Should be shut down. Continuous.”

There were many similar comments, including a Facebook user who wrote: “Disgusting, be very careful when shopping in places like this.”

Oldham takeaway owner Mr Ahad and the company have been charged jointly with two breaches of the Food Safety and Hygiene (England) Regulations 2013.

Council chiefs say the case would “appall” residents.

On May 19, 2022, guilty pleas to all charges were entered in Tameside Magistrates Court.

Ahad, 53, and the company were ordered to donate a total of £1,934.

Council chiefs say the case would “appall” residents.

Oldham Council stated: “On 2nd December 2020, Oldham Council staff visited Environmental Health Master Chef in Oldham Road for a routine food hygiene inspection.

“Officials found German cockroaches throughout the store, including on sticky boards and the serving counter.

“The floor and fixtures were also dirty and there was nothing for staff to dry their hands with at the hand wash basin.

“The business was immediately closed.”

Emma Barton, Executive Director for Place and Economic Growth, said: “The details of these charges will understandably shock people. No company should operate in dirty and unhealthy conditions.

“If our officials find a company that is doing this, we will take action.”

Local councils have the right to enter and inspect any site at any reasonable time without warning.

The public can check food company hygiene ratings on the Food Standards Agency website.

Continue reading

Continue reading

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/disgusting-takeaway-slammed-cockroaches-found-27078405 'Disgusting' diner slammed when cockroaches were found in store and on counter

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button