News

Dogs get sick quickly and die shortly after walks on the same popular beach

Desperate owners of Winnie, a five-month-old golden retriever, and Milo, a 15-month-old cocker spaniel, want the council to inquire after both dogs had seizures and died after walking in the same area

blank
Winnie, the five-month-old golden retriever, with Miya Rose

Two young dogs both died within an hour of falling ill after walking in the same area just hours apart.

Both of the family’s pets suffered seizures and died within an hour of becoming ill.

Winnie, a five-month-old golden retriever, died Thursday morning, May 5, and Milo, a 15-month-old cocker spaniel, died Thursday evening, reports Live in Belfast.

Now, as their desperate owners struggle to cope with their losses, they want an investigation into the deaths by the Council.

They had both been out walking on the shores of Lough Neagh in Co Antrim before the seizures.

The incidents are being investigated by DAERA and the Antrim and Newtownabbey Council.






Winnie was a popular healthy young dog





She was very loved by her owner Kaylee

New mom Kaylee Agnew, from the city of Antrim, took her toddler and family puppy, Winnie, for a walk.

She said: “Winnie was running in and out of the water. It was great fun and a happy walk for us. I had noticed dead fish in the water and kept Winnie away from them, but I didn’t think about it any further.

“We got Winnie, our first family dog, in January and she has been the best addition to our home. On Thursday I videotaped Miya Rose and Winnie by the water. I took the video at 10:56 a.m. and by 11:55 a.m. poor Winnie was dead.”

“I am completely heartbroken and in disbelief that our beautiful baby girl has passed away. I replay it all in my head and think if I hadn’t had her in that water, Winnie would still be here.

“It’s so scary to think that my little girl who is only two years old was in the water too. We need investigation and answers, and I’m grateful for that DogsLive and Belfast Live for helping me warn other families who may be in the area, especially at the weekend when there are many families out walking.”

Kaylee, 21, was taking Miya Rose and Winnie home, but when she went to help Winnie out of the car, the pup had a seizure.






Whatever killed Winnie “acted so quickly,” warned owner Kaylee





Milo was the second pup to die after a trip to the same beach

Kaylee said: “It was awful. I didn’t know what was going on but I rushed Winnie to the vet and picked her up at 11:39am. Within 16 minutes our beautiful Winnie was dead.

“The vet believes what killed her may have been in something she drank while in the water. Winnie was only five months old, lively and healthy, and was the very best dog for our family. We are so heartbroken, we were only out for a walk and now Winnie is dead.

“Whatever was done so quickly, Winnie was dead within an hour of being in that water.

“The vet told me they had reported it to the council and environmental health and asked for the water to be tested.

“My dad also called council today and reported it and now we have heard from other people that this has happened before and that their dogs in the same area have been drinking from the water and have been sick for weeks.

“Then on Friday I was contacted by another family whose little dog died on Thursday night just hours after we lost Winnie. They had been on the same shore.”

The second dog who died on May 5 was a 15-month-old black and white cocker spaniel named Milo.

His family, who live in the city of Antrim, are also looking for answers.

Milo’s owner, who asked not to be named, said: “We’re just devastated and very desperate. Milo died last night. We had walked the same shore as Kaylee, just a little further away.

“Milo wasn’t actually in the water and I didn’t see him drink any of it. But he suddenly had a seizure and we took him straight to the vet. They treated him and he seemed to be waking up but when we were on our way home he just slipped away, he died in our car.

“We are shocked and devastated. The children mourn him. Milo was our first family dog ​​and we loved him. We are very concerned that the double death of these young, fit and healthy dogs is more than just a horrible coincidence.

“We need the advice to find out if anything is going on and we want the public to know what is happening so they can take precautions.”

A spokesman for Antrim and Newtownabbey Council said: “We have been alerted to two separate reports of dogs falling ill shortly after coming into contact with water in the Antrim Lough Shore area, specifically in Rea’s Wood.

“We are working with the dog owners, local vets and our colleagues at DAERA to determine the full circumstances as best we can.

“Unfortunately, we are unable to comment further at this time as the investigation is ongoing. Any dog ​​owner who is concerned about their pet should make sure they seek veterinary advice.”

Continue reading

Continue reading

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/two-dogs-rapidly-fall-ill-26899326 Dogs get sick quickly and die shortly after walks on the same popular beach

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button