News

Dublin man experiences ‘every Irishman’s worst nightmare’ after wallowing for seven years

A MAN has experienced “every Irishman’s worst nightmare” after discovering he’d been sunk for seven years.

Keith Doyle, from Dublin but lives in London, revealed he had felt “absolutely ill” after a neighbor discovered a fatal mistake he had made in his home.

Dubliner Keith Doyle left his indulgence for seven years

3

Dubliner Keith Doyle left his indulgence for seven years
Keith wasn't sure if it was the sink or the soak in the tub that was left on

3

Keith wasn’t sure if it was the sink or the soak in the tub that was left on
Keith's tweet went viral on Twitter

3

Keith’s tweet went viral on Twitter

Taken to TwitterKeith revealed that he was completely “broken” when he discovered the dip was still going on.

He wrote: “I’m totally down… just realized that our immersion has been AWESOME FOR SEVEN YEARS!!!

“The lovely neighbor pointed it out. For an Irishman, this is literally the worst that can happen!!!”

‘Worst Nightmare’

He explained that his “adorable” neighbor pointed out the mistake after he put on his smartwatch and thought his bill was a bit high.

Keith said he “nearly died” after realizing it, growing up in Dublin in the 80s.

Most read in The Irish Sun

He told the Irish Sun: “I thought ‘Oh my gosh, it’s been seven years in the water, I almost died, you know, that’s every Irishman’s worst nightmare.

“I grew up in the 80s in Dublin, where you could do whatever you wanted, you could let go of anything but if you continued to indulge, that was the worst sin possible.

“You can soak for a few minutes so you can take a warm shower and you have to swear you turned it off and your worst nightmare is leaving the house on immersion mode.

‘MAD PANIC’

“This is clearly the worst possible thing, I just feel really sick to think that this has happened in the seven years since we moved into this house.”

The Dubliner says the bills don’t “go through the roof” so he doesn’t think much of it, having moved into a bigger house.

He said: “They didn’t get through the roof. So when people yell at me ‘how don’t you know?” in my defense, the bills are a bit higher but not quite astronomical.

“I found out on Twitter after freaking out last night that this was a heat soak.

“Because the other gas boiler heated the water twice a day, it wasn’t like the old ’80s ones where we all grew up with a big kettle on all day.

“That’s why the bills aren’t big and I haven’t made a hole in the ozone layer yet.”

FAMILY RESPONSE

Keith also said his family did not react as he did.

He finished: “I’m the only Irishman so everyone else was like ‘it’s just an immersion and I’m saying ‘No, you don’t get it, this is huge!’

“They were like ‘we’re going to turn it off’ but that’s the point where it’s been all this time.

“No one really understands how Irish people live in fear of being immersed, I’m the only one who feels frustrated about that. But now it’s off. “

https://www.thesun.ie/news/8236531/dublin-man-experiences-worst-nightmare-immersion-seven-years/ Dublin man experiences ‘every Irishman’s worst nightmare’ after wallowing for seven years

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button