Bandai Namco has apologized for some performance issues affecting Elden Ring players, including many complaints about frame rate issues on PC.
In a post about it website, The publisher acknowledges that the game is “currently experiencing some issues that make the game unplayable under certain conditions”, and apologizes and asks for patience.
By far the biggest complaint surrounding the current state of the game is about frame rates and stutter issues on PC. Game currently watching Steam “mixed” reviews, with many complaints focusing on the above issues. That problem was exacerbated by the fact that console versions received a patch to alleviate frame rate issues (among other things) on launch day, there was no such update for PC
“Try to keep 60FPS/1080p on 3080”, Steam player writes creepysummed up many similar messages “slurred a lot and dropped to mid-20s, crashed 4 times within 2 hours of gameplay, 60 FPS limit, and no ultrawide support.”
Bandai Namco acknowledged the issues and said that it will “constantly work to improve the game so that it can be played comfortably across various PC environments and platforms.” The publisher also suggests that updating graphics card drivers can help alleviate problems.
On the Elden Ring Reddit, some users are suggesting their own temporary fixes ranging from change your PC’s system graphics settings arrive change device settings, with many arguing that these methods helped with performance.
The notes also cover three other key areas, including issues with mouse sensitivity, Easy Anti-cheat, and games not saving properly on PS5. You can read the full note below:
Elden Ring Performance Issues Statement
- About the problem of the mouse being too sensitive in the PC version
- We will be submitting a patch for this issue in the near future.
- Regarding the issue that Easy Anti-Cheat fails to launch when the Steam account name is set to a 2-byte character.
- We already know the cause of this issue and will provide a patch in the near future.
- About frame rate and other performance related issues during gameplay We will constantly work to improve the game so that it can be played comfortably on more PC platforms and environments together.
- For the PC version, updating your graphics card driver to the latest version can significantly improve performance.
- About the phenomenon of game data not being saved correctly in the PlayStation 5 version
- If the PS5 console is turned off unexpectedly while playing a game or in sleep mode, the saved data may not be saved correctly.
- We already know the cause of this issue and are looking for a patch to fix it, but until the patch is released please save your game manually by exiting the game normally. often.
- Game data will be saved correctly if you exit the game by opening the system menu with the OPTION button and selecting “Exit Game”.
On consoles, everything is a different story – ours performance evaluation of new generation versions found problems with all formats, but concluded that the PS5 version is currently the most stable console version.
Beyond the performance, the Elden Ring’s reception is another story. we give it a full 10/10, says it brings “the ever-challenging battle to an incredible open world that allows us the freedom to choose our own path.” It is currently one of the The best rated game in modern history.
Ours Guide to Elden Ring will evolve over time – make sure you check it out if you need help through The Lands Between.
https://www.ign.com/articles/elden-ring-pc-performance-issues-problems Elden Ring: Bandai Namco apologizes for performance issues