A SURFER pulls a man out of the sea after getting into trouble near the pier.
The man had ingested large amounts of salt water due to the long time he was in the water and also suffered from hyperthermia.
Paramedics and the Coastguard were at the scene near Brighton Palace Pier at 8.23pm last night with the man being brought ashore by a body surfer.
Rescue workers provided first aid before he was taken to hospital for further treatment.
A Shoreham Coastguard spokesman said: “Please stay away from shore during rough conditions and breaking waves.
“A photo or some wave fun can quickly turn into a serious incident before you know it.”
People are advised to call 999 and ask for the Coast Guard if they see anyone in trouble along the coast.
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/20563817.emergency-services-called-incident-near-brighton-palace-pier/?ref=rss Emergency services have been called to an incident near Brighton Palace Pier