EVO has revealed the lineup of games that will enter the popular fighting game tournament this August. EVO staples like Street Fighter V and Tekken 7 will return as scheduled, but some titles will also have a first.
The full lineup is as follows:
- Street Fighter V: Champion Edition – PS4 (Capcom)
- Guilty Gear -Strive- PS4 (Active Arc System)
- Mortal Kombat 11: Ultimate – PS4 (Warner Bros. Game)
- TEKKEN 7 – PS4 (Bandai Namco Entertainment)
- KING OF FIGHTERS XV – PS4 (SNK)
- MELTY BLOOD: TYPE LUMINA – PS4 (Project Lumina)
- DRAGON BALL FighterZ – PS4 (Bandai Namco Entertainment)
- Granblue Fantasy: Versus – PS4 (Cygames and XSEED)
- Skullgirls: 2nd Encore – PS4 (Fall Game)
General Manager Rick Thiher said: “We’re excited to introduce a range of fighting games that represent so much of the genre’s player base for EVO 2022. There’s nothing quite like the energy of community. fighting game community as we gather for EVO, and I can’t wait to see what happens as we begin the next chapter of the series later this year together.”
EVO is making a comeback after last year’s event was canceled due to complications caused by COVID-19. Founded by Tom Cannon, it is one of the most popular fighting game events in the world, originating from tournaments held in Northern California in the mid-90s.
Apparently Super Smash Bros. absent from this year’s lineup. Last month, Nintendo made the decision not to have any repeat of the franchise at EVO 2022, possibly due to Sony buying the tournament in 2021.
Fans and players can also attend EVO 2022 at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas from August 5-7.
The biggest game of 2022
Ryan Dinsdale is a freelancer on IGN who occasionally remembers to tweet @thelastdinsdale.
https://www.ign.com/articles/street-fighter-v-tekken-7-headline-evo-2022s-9-game-lineup EVO 2022 Lineup Announced: Street Fighter V, Tekken 7 This Year’s Event Title