Fireworks at Preston Park: New date for event in Brighton ‘unclear’

It is ‘unclear’ if a new date will be set for the Preston Park fireworks display after the event was previously cancelled.

The exhibition, which was due to take place on Wednesday November 2nd, was marred by the wind and rain that battered Brighton earlier in the week.

It is currently not known whether the event will be rescheduled.

Earlier in the week, a Brighton and Hove council said that “as far as we are aware, no alternative date has been set at this point”.

A spokesman said at the time: “The fireworks display in Preston Park due to take place tonight has been cancelled.

“Given the forecast weather conditions, the safety advice from the team organizing the fireworks is that they cannot safely fire the display at the forecast wind speeds.

“As far as we are aware, no alternative date has been set at this time.”

Wind speeds in excess of 44 mph were expected at the time, rendering the fireworks unusable due to safety concerns.

The city has also been hit by torrential rain in recent days, with surrounding areas in Sussex suffering from flooding.

Today a spokesman for the council said it was “unclear” if a new date had been set.

Bonfire Night events are taking place across the county tomorrow.

We will bring you live coverage of celebrations in Lewes.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/23102000.preston-park-fireworks-new-date-brighton-event-unclear/?ref=rss Fireworks at Preston Park: New date for event in Brighton ‘unclear’

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button