News

Former two-time darts world champion Ted Hankey pleads guilty to sexual assault

blank

Former world darts champion Ted Hankey has admitted sexually molesting a woman.

Ankey, 54, appeared in Warrington Magistrates’ Court on Thursday.

He spoke to confirm his name, age and address and pleaded guilty to the charges.

The court heard he was charged with intentionally touching a woman over the age of 16 on September 10 last year.

Jonathan Wilkinson, prosecutor, said the victim was under 18 years old.

District Judge Nicholas Sanders said the case would be referred to Chester Crown Court, where Hankey died on March 12.

He told Hankey that he would be subject to reporting and that he should report to a local police station as he granted him conditional bail.

The hearing lasted approximately 10 minutes.

The charges relate to an incident in Crewe, Cheshire.

Hankey, from Wendover Grove, Berry Hill, Stoke-on-Trent, came to court with a pulled up black headscarf covering the lower half of his face.

The darts player, whose nickname is The Count, is a two-time world champion.

He first qualified for the BDO World Championship in 1998 and won in 2000 and 2009.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/former-two-time-world-darts-champion-ted-hankey-pleads-guilty-to-sexual-assault-41553778.html Former two-time darts world champion Ted Hankey pleads guilty to sexual assault

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button