Fortnite Age Rating UK: Is Battle Royale Safe for Kids to Play? – The Irish sun

FORTNITE is one of the most popular video games in the world.

Parents may be interested in learning more about the game to ensure it is appropriate for their children. Here’s what we know.

Fortnite is a popular online game


Fortnite is a popular online game

What age is Fortnite rated for in the UK?

According to the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB), Fortnite is rated T, which stands for Teen.

This is mainly due to the violence and player-to-player interactions.

Communicating with other players, especially those the users may not know, may result in profanity, hence the age rating.

The Pan-European Gaming Age Rating (PEGI) of 12 years matches the ESRB rating.

Compared to other games, Fortnite does not show bloody or gory images.

The only violence is killing other players to win the game, which might worry some parents how their children might be affected.

Does Fortnite have parental controls?

Yes, it does.

Fortnite offers a range of parental controls that manage what a player can see and do.

To set this up, go to Account Settings from the Epic Games Launcher or Epic Games Store website.

Sign in to the account and go to the GENERAL navigation tab.

Scroll down to the PARENTAL CONTROLS section, click START SETUP, enter a 6-digit PIN, and click NEXT.

And don’t forget to click SAVE at the end.

Many parents are concerned about the harmful effects that long gameplay and violent content can have on their children.

A thread on the forum page Reddit summarized concerns, with one parent saying that while the game “encourages strategic thinking and collaboration,” their child has started “slamming doors when they used to be pretty relaxed.”

A opinion poll moderated by This Morning asked if parents are concerned about the impact of playing Fortnite on their children and 59% voted no versus 41% who answered yes.

The game also had problems with hacking as players found scammers could make payments using their details.

Epic said it was aware of the attacks, and a spokesperson said, “Any players who believe their account has been compromised should contact our player support immediately.”

Is Fortnite Safe to Play?

Fortnite is set in a dystopian world where 98 percent of the earth’s population is suddenly disappearing, living conditions are becoming difficult and zombie-like creatures are roaming the earth – the player is one of the remaining 2 percent whose task is to survive.

After the apocalypse, “Survivor Bases” were established and Every player is responsible tending to those bases before attempting to find a way to restore earth to normal.

These form the heart of the story for the cooperative Save The World mode, but play no part in the free-to-play Battle Royale mode.

Since its release, it can be played on gaming platforms such as PlayStation 4, Xbox One, as well as PC and Mac.

The lack of any serious age restriction and the use of force worries parents.

It is also important to note that while there are no swear words in the game, it is possible in the chat rooms.

There is also a risk of children with ADHD becoming hyperfocused while playing Fortnite. Fortnite Age Rating UK: Is Battle Royale Safe for Kids to Play? – The Irish sun

Fry Electronics Team

Fry is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button