CYNO is a powerful damage dealer with Electrovision, which means it’s good to keep him on the field as much as possible.
His basic attacks deal massive damage and can be difficult to properly equip.
He needs good stats to deal the most damage, making his build a challenge.
If you’re not sure how to use Cyno in Genshin Impact, check out all of our tips in this guide.
Best weapons for Cyno in Genshin Impact
Cyno’s signature weapon Staff of the Scarlet Sands is the best weapon for him and increases the critical hit rate.
It also gives the user an attack bonus based on their elemental mastery.
It’s a five-star weapon, though, so you might want to go with one of these alternatives.
The following alternatives are available for Cyno:
- Primordial Jade Winged Spear (Five Star Polearm) – increases critical hit rate, increases attack and damage on consecutive hits.
- Skyward Spine (Five Star Polearm) – increases energy charge, increases attack speed and triggers damaging effects.
- agony (Four Star Polearm) – increases critical hit rate and increases attack.
- Blackcliff Pole (Four Star Polearm) – increases critical damage and increases attack after defeating enemies.
- white tassel (Three Star Polearm) – increases critical hit rate, increases damage from standard attacks. It’s also easy to find and a good free-to-play option if you refine it to level 5.
Best Artifacts for Cyno in Genshin Impact
There’s no such thing as a perfect artifact for Cyno to wear, but there are a few decent options.
He needs a lot of Energy to charge his abilities, and his Elemental Mastery is important for his strength.
Both Thunderous Fury (increases Electro Damage as well as Electro Reaction Damage) and Gilded Dreams (increases Elemental Mastery and Offense, or Elemental Mastery based on team composition) are practically equivalent if you want to opt for a playstyle that’s mostly reaction-based.
These are the ones you should choose especially if you have them Staff of the Scarlet Sands available.
Alternative, Gladiator’s Finale (boosts attack and standard damage) is a good option if you’re going for a standard attack damage-based playstyle.
The ideal stat distribution for artifacts on Cyno looks like this:
- Feather: Attack (major stats), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Elemental Mastery, Energy Recharge, Attack % (minor stats).
- flower: HP (major stats), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Elemental Mastery, Energy Charge, Attack % (minor stats).
- sand: Elemental Mastery (Reaction Build) or Attack % (Standard Damage Build) (major stat), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Elemental Mastery, Energy Recharge, Attack % (minor stats).
- chalice: Electro Damage % (major stats), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Elemental Mastery, Energy Recharge, Attack % (minor stats).
- Ripe: Critical Damage (major stats), Critical Hit Rate, Critical Damage, Elemental Mastery, Energy Recharge, Attack % (minor stats).
Best Teams for Cyno in Genshin Impact
Cyno spends most of his time on the field, so he should be surrounded by strong support characters.
It consumes a lot of energy and needs characters that generate a lot of particles to support it.
- cyno (Main DPS), fish (Sub DPS), colleagues (Sub DPS), kokomi (Support).
Fischl supplies all the particles Cyno needs and continuously supports you in working with Collei’s dendro effects.
Fischl could be replaced by Raiden Shogun or Yae Miko, while Collei could be replaced by Dendro Traveler and Kokomi by Barbara.
- cyno (Main DPS), colleagues (Sub DPS), Kuki Shinobu (Support), Zhongli (Support).
This keeps two Electro characters and one Dendro, but replaces the Hydro component.
Zhongli provides powerful shields to complement Shinobu’s healing effects.
Kazuha or Sucrose could replace Zhongli on this team as they will lower resistances.
Written by Marco Wutz and Georgina Young on behalf of GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN.
All the latest gaming tips and tricks
Looking for tips and tricks for your favorite consoles and games? We’ve got you covered…
Get all the news about PS5, Xbox and other video games here
https://www.thesun.ie/tech/9805356/genshin-impact-cyno-build-weapons-artifacts-teams/ Genshin Impact Cyno Build: Best Weapons, Artifacts, and Teams