News

Girl, 7, faces skin graft after burning her foot at a beach BBQ

Simi Adenaike, seven, had been playing in the sand with her relatives when she was suddenly rushed to hospital after stepping foot on a boiling-hot disposable barbecue

Simi Adenaike burned her foot on Swansea Bay beach

A young girl let out a “terrible scream” after burning her foot on a blistering hot grill buried in the sand.

Simi Adenaike, seven, was enjoying a day on the beach at Swansea Bay with her family when she was suddenly rushed to hospital after stepping foot on a piping-hot disposable barbecue.

Playing in the sand with her relatives, Simi stepped on a patch that unnoticed covered a buried disposable barbecue.

Sim’s mother Alex Adenaike said her daughter let out a “terrible scream” and was in so much pain that at first she couldn’t even explain what had happened to her.

When her family saw her feet and realized what had happened, she was immediately taken to the hospital for treatment. Wales Online reported.

As a result of the burn, Simi may need a skin graft to repair the damage to her feet.







There are designated BBQ areas on Swansea Bay beach and other beaches in the region
(

Picture:

Council of Swansea)

Simi’s mother, Alex Adenaike, explained: “We had just arrived at the beach and were looking forward to having some fun.

“The kids started playing almost immediately, running around in the sand. We heard a horrific scream and my daughter ran back.

“She was in so much pain that she couldn’t tell us what happened. At one point we found that one of her feet was very red and blistered.

“We had help from some other visitors on the beach to cool the burn with water and we took her to the hospital straight away.”

It is understood the family was later told by other beachgoers that one group had been barbecuing on the beach and attempted to bury their foil tray in the sand before leaving instead of using the special grilling containers.

“This is so upsetting and my daughter now needs further treatment and possibly a skin graft,” Alex added.

Health chiefs recently said a common misconception has led to a sharp rise in Swansea Bay’s often horrific beach barbecue accidents – namely that people thought burying their hot coals in the sand would cool them down when it actually heated the sand instead.

Swansea Council has condemned the actions of those who carelessly left disposable barbecues on the sand and is urging residents and holidaymakers to use the barbecue bins on the beach at Swansea Bay and beyond.

They said there was a disposable BBQ bucket near where the beachgoers left their BBQ.

Continue reading

Continue reading

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/girl-faces-skin-graft-surgery-27340567 Girl, 7, faces skin graft after burning her foot at a beach BBQ

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button