Grandpa caught fire and suffered severe burns after stove exploded at home

The furnace explosion swept the man “halfway” and set the property ablaze, destroying all of the family’s belongings and even taking the life of their little kitten

The home suffered significant fire damage
The home suffered significant fire damage

A grandfather was badly burned after his stove caught fire.

Robert Pearson was fortunate to escape without life-threatening injuries after a fireball engulfed the kitchen of his Newcastle home.

But it was mother-of-two Leah Beck’s quick thinking that likely saved the lives of Mr Pearson and others at the property, he reported Chronicle Live.

Ms Beck recalled seeing “an explosion that blew Robert halfway through the kitchen” the moment she turned on the oven. She immediately attempted to manually extinguish the flames that were suffocating Mr. Pearson.

“I had to turn him off,” she said. “The fire had started right next to my water supply, so all I had to do was pat him.

“I was just panicking. Everything gets out of your head. I didn’t know what to do, so I just did what I could because I know how bad burns can be.”

As Ms Beck desperately tried to put out the fire, her 15-year-old brother helped usher her two young nieces out of the property.

Tragically, the family pet, Lola, perished in the blaze.






Ms Beck said she lost everything she owned in the unusual fire

Meanwhile, one of her nieces had sprinted outside to escape the fire while Ms Beck’s brother rushed to help the younger niece from the property.

“I told him to just grab the kids and get them out of the house,” she said. “If my brother hadn’t been there, it could have been a lot worse.”

All family members were able to evacuate the building before firefighters arrived.

Mr Pearson was taken to hospital for treatment for his burns. He’s staying there at this point.

Although she lost almost all of her belongings in the fire, Ms Beck said she was just grateful no one was killed.

“What I saw was terrifying, it was horrible,” she said. “All I knew was that I had to do whatever it took to get him out of the fire and get everyone else out of the house.”

She added: “Everything I owned is gone. If it’s not burned [it’s] smoke damaged. I’m just devastated by what happened but I’m just thinking what could have happened. It could have been so much worse.”

To help her rebuild the family, a GoFundMe page was established. Just over £1,000 has been raised so far.

A spokeswoman for Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Services said: “We can confirm we attended a house fire in Haggerston Crescent, Newcastle on Saturday night.

“Our Fire Brigade received a call at 5:12pm and within minutes equipment from West Denton and Gosforth Township Fire Stations were on scene to bring the fire under control.

“All individuals rescued themselves from the property prior to our arrival and one man was treated by ourselves before being placed in the care of NEAS.

“Crews also gave oxygen therapy to a cat at the scene, but unfortunately she later died.

“We believe the fire started accidentally and will do our best to support affected families at this difficult time.

“Our crews left the scene at 5:51 p.m.”

Continue reading

Continue reading

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/grandad-engulfed-flames-suffering-severe-27225163 Grandpa caught fire and suffered severe burns after stove exploded at home

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button