POKEMON GO has launched a new event for February to celebrate the Lunar New Year.
Pokemon GO’s Lunar New Year event kicks off today and you’ll have to complete all the quests next week, Monday, February 7, at 8pm local time.
As well as having a chance to encounter Pokemon Legends: Arceus ‘Hisuian Voltorb, Pokemon GO Lunar Event is introducing Shiny Liteo for the first time.
Check out our guide to how to catch Hisuian Voltorb in Pokemoln GO if the Grass/Electric type ball excites you.
Pokemon GO Lunar New Year Challenge – Part 1
Pokemon GO’s Lunar New Year event splits Time Research challenges into two parts.
Catch Challenge is the first one and rewards you with 1,000 Stardust, 1,000 XP, and an encounter with Epurr.
| Below is a breakdown of the steps of the Lunar New Year Ball Challenge quest and what you get for completing them.
- Catch 10 pokemon – 10 Poke Balls
- Catch 25 pokemon – 15 Great Balls
- Catch 25 fire-type pokemon – 20 Ultra Balls
- Catch 10 different pokemon species – Littleo encounter
Pokemon GO Lunar New Year Friendship Challenge – Part 2
Pokemon GO Friendship Challenge is the second part of the Lunar New Year event’s Time Study challenge.
You will need a large collection of friends to complete the challenges on the list.
The reward for passing them all is the Catch Challenge which is the first and rewards you with 1,000 Stardust, 1,000 XP, and an encounter with a pokemon – we don’t know which one yet.
- Send 3 gifts and add stickers for each – Torchic Encounters
- Trade 3 pokemon with a friend – Encounter with the undead
- Send 15 gifts to friends – Darumaka Encounter
- Send Gifts 3 days in a row – Pokemon Encounter (TBC)
Pokemon GO Lunar New Year Events Field Research Missions
Field Research quests are less urgent, thanks to the ability to save them for completion at a later date.
- Catch 5 pokemon – 25 Gyarados Mega Energy
- Catch 12 pokemon – Encounter with Darumaka
- Hatch an Egg – Meet Galarian Meowth or Alolan Meowth
- Send 3 Gifts – Magikarp . Encounter
- Send 3 gifts and add stickers for each – Little meet
- Trading pokemon – Meet Epurr
Lunar New Year event rewards in Pokemon GO and Wild Encounter
Pokemon GO’s Lunar New Year event will run until Tuesday, February 8 at 1pm PT/4pm ET/9pm GMT.
- Increase the chance of lucky Pokémon in trading
- Increase your chances of becoming a Lucky Friend
- Double Stardust from opening Gifts
- Add 1 special deal every day
The following pokemon will appear more frequently in the wild.
With the exception of Hisuian Voltorb and Combusken, it’s possible to stumble across Shiny versions of all of them.
- Hisuian Voltorb
The following pokemon will spawn from 7km Eggs collected during the Lunar New Year event:
Lunar New Year event in Pokemon GO Boss Raid
- One Star Raid
- Three-star raid
- Five-star raid
- Mega Raids
- Read the latest stories for PS5
- Stay up to date with all Xbox news
- Read the latest game news
All the latest gaming tips and tricks
Looking for tips and tricks on your favorite console and games? We have you covered…
PlayStation Project Spartacus Release Date LISTED: Sony’s answer to Xbox Game Pass is almost here.
Does Sony own Bungie?
GTA 6 ‘LEAKED’ release date like internet Sleuths find job listings.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Science & Technology team? Email us at the address email@example.com
https://www.thesun.ie/tech/8298252/pokemon-go-lunar-new-year-catch-challenge-friendship-challenge/ Guide to Catching Tet Ball Challenge and Friendship Challenge