Cyber security is becoming a key concern for businesses as they shift toward the digital world. Attending a Cyber Security Bootcamp will equip you with all the necessary skills to find a strong foot in the job market. The cyber security Bootcamp from the UCI Division of Continuing Education, in collaboration with Simplilearn, will make you cyber-ready. Keep reading to learn more about the online Bootcamp in cyber security.
Key features of the Cyber Security Bootcamp
- Attending the online cyber security Bootcamp will provide you with high learning experiences and knowledge about real-world applications.
- The cyber security Bootcamp is available in a self-paced online learning format.
- The Bootcamp offers knowledge about both defensive and offensive cyber security.
- Learners will also learn about application security, cryptography, malware and ransomware analysis, infrastructure security, ethical hacking, and more.
- The online cyber security Bootcamp includes interactive live online classes conducted by industry experts.
What will you get after completing the Certification?
- CEUs from UCI DCE to prove your commitment to ongoing learning
- Program Completion Certificate
- UCI DCE Alumni Chapter membership
- Masterclasses taught by UCI DCE instructors
- 24*7 assistance from mentors and a peer community
Learning path of the Cyber Security Bootcamp
Once you enroll for the cyber security Bootcamp, you will be becoming familiar with the following modules:
- Orientation session for UCI Cyber Security Boot Camp
It will introduce the cyber security Bootcamp in collaboration with UCI DCE. You will understand what’s unique about the program and the basic concepts covered during it. The orientation session is perfect for beginning your journey with advanced cybersecurity courses.
- Enterprise Infrastructure Security
This module offers knowledge and skills about the advanced and current concepts in cyber security, especially enterprise infrastructure security. Completing this module ensures that learners have an in-depth understanding of security controls, networking concepts, packet analyzers, and more.
- Application and Web Application Security
This module ensures learners are familiar with OWASP tools and methodologies, clickjacking, hashing, API security, fuzzing, patch management, and more.
- Ransomware and malware analysis
Malware, like ransomware, in particular, makes businesses lose over $75 billion every year. These attacks keep posing a threat to the security of organizations. This module provides in-depth knowledge about detecting, analyzing, and protecting your company from ransomware attacks.
- Ethical hacking and VAPT
This module in the cyber security online Bootcamp offers hands-on training to understand techniques used by hackers to penetrate network systems. It will ensure that you learn how to fortify your system against hackers. The module also helps you become familiar with advanced hacking concepts, vulnerability assessment, and penetration testing.
- Cyber Security Bootcamp Capstone Project
The capstone project ensures you can execute the skills you learned in the Bootcamp. Several dedicated mentoring sessions will be held to help you solve real-world problems associated with the industry. The capstone project is appropriate for showcasing your expertise to potential employers in the cybersecurity industry.
- Candidates don’t need work experience to be eligible for the cyber security Bootcamp.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be eligible.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is mandatory for all learners.
- Learners with a non-programming background are also eligible for the Bootcamp.
The admission procedure involves three simple steps. All selected candidates receive an offer of admission. Learners need to pay their admission fee to accept the admission offer formally. The steps involved in the admission procedure are as follows:
- Submit the application: You must provide a brief description of yourself and why you want to become a part of the cyber security Bootcamp.
- Application review: An admission panel will shortlist learners according to their application.
- Final Admission: Selected learners can start the online Bootcamp within one to two weeks.
Reasons to attend online Cyber Security Bootcamp
A cyberattack takes place every 39 seconds. In this scenario, businesses find it better to be safe than sorry. Therefore, the demand for cybersecurity professionals will not go away anytime soon.
However, employers are constantly in search of certified professionals. So, enrolling in an online cyber security Bootcamp is going to work in your favor. But if you want more reasons to enroll, here are some for you:
- Basic requirements
Getting into a cyber security Bootcamp is simpler than you can imagine. You need an IT background, but programming knowledge is not mandatory. Moreover, you also don’t need any prior job experience to qualify for the program. Several young professionals choose to sign up for the cyber security Bootcamp to build a stable career.
- Variety of industries to choose
A cyber security professional is not confined to one particular industry. Since digitalization is an ongoing trend in almost every industry, you will be able to build a career in your preferred industry. An online cyber security Bootcamp will also help you find a job in government agencies or even top-secret military agencies. The gates are wide open because everyone is buckling up to stay safe and protected on the digital front.
- Say bye to boredom
Static and stale are two adjectives that you won’t be able to associate with the field of cyber security. Every day, you will encounter new challenges while working in the cyber security sector. Through unexpected failures, you might make surprising discoveries. As hackers find new ways to penetrate systems, you must get creative to stop them. Therefore, you will always be engaged in solving new puzzles without your job becoming monotonous.
On an ending note,
An online cyber security Bootcamp is also your way to earn fat paychecks. Enroll today and find yourself in high demand from employers. Remember that it’s never too late to start your cyber security career and make a huge impact in the world.