(as of Dec 05,2021 07:51:27 UTC – Particulars)
From studying about essentially the most sought-after design patterns to a complete protection of architectural patterns and code testing, this guide is all you have to write clear, reusable code
- Write clear, reusable and maintainable code, and profit from the newest Swift model.
- Analyze case research of among the in style open supply initiatives and provides your workflow an enormous enhance
- Select patterns reminiscent of MVP, MVC, and MVVM relying on the applying being constructed
Swift retains gaining traction not solely amongst Apple builders but additionally as a server-side language. This guide demonstrates the way to apply design patterns and finest practices in real-life conditions, whether or not that is for brand spanking new or already present initiatives.
You will start with a fast refresher on Swift, the compiler, the usual library, and the muse, adopted by the Cocoa design patterns – those on the core of many cocoa libraries – to comply with up with the creational, structural, and behavioral patterns as outlined by the GoF. You will get acquainted with software structure, in addition to the most well-liked architectural design patterns, reminiscent of MVC and MVVM, and study to make use of them within the context of Swift. As well as, you may stroll via dependency injection and purposeful reactive programming. Particular emphasis can be given to methods to deal with concurrency, together with callbacks, futures and guarantees, and reactive programming. These methods will make it easier to undertake a test-driven method to your workflow to be able to use Swift Package deal Supervisor and combine the framework into the unique code base, together with Unit and UI testing.
By the tip of the guide, you’ll construct purposes which might be scalable, quicker, and simpler to keep up.
What you’ll study
- Work effectively with Basis and Swift Customary library
- Perceive essentially the most vital GoF patterns and use them effectively
- Use Swift 4.2 and its distinctive capabilities (and limitations) to implement and enhance GoF patterns
- Enhance your software structure and optimize for maintainability and efficiency
- Write environment friendly and clear concurrent applications utilizing futures and guarantees, or reactive programming methods
- Use Swift Package deal Supervisor to refactor your program into reusable elements
- Leverage testing and different methods for writing strong code
Who this guide is for
This guide is for intermediate builders who wish to apply design patterns with Swift to construction and scale their purposes. You might be anticipated to have fundamental data of iOS and Swift.
Desk of Contents
- Refreshing the Fundamentals
- Understanding ARC and Reminiscence Administration
- Diving into Basis and the Customary Library
- Working with Goal-C in a Combined Code Base
- Creational Patterns
- Structural Patterns
- Behavioral Patterns
- Swift-Oriented Patterns
- Utilizing the Mannequin-View-Controller Sample
- Mannequin-View-ViewModel in Swift
- Implementing Dependency injection
- Futures, Guarantees, and Reactive Programming
- Modularize Your Apps with Swift Package deal Supervisor
- Testing Your Code with Unit and UI Exams
- Going Out within the Open (Supply)
Writer:Packt Publishing (December 24, 2018)
Merchandise Weight:1.5 kilos
Dimensions:7.5 x 0.94 x 9.25 inches