After what feels like months of radio silence, Battlefield 2042 developer DICE is officially back to share some of the immediate plans for the game with the player base.
In a series of Tweets and a blog post, the developer of Struggling multiplayer shooter announced that the first patch of the new year will arrive tomorrow, January 20 on all platforms. The update will work without any downtime, at 12am pacific time, 3am ET, 8am UK time. Patch 3.2 is on the small side, focusing mainly on various stability issues.
It has a few important fixes that are worth highlighting. First, infantry will no longer be slowed when receiving weapon fire from vehicles, or explosives in general. The patch also has some hit detection fixes for Sundance (after landing with a suit), as well as hit detection for vehicle weapons.
Read on below for the full changelog:
- Fixed an issue where leaving a group during matchmaking could cause the game to become unresponsive.
- Fixed an issue where the connection to the EA server after registering a new account would not work on the first attempt.
- Updated the exit button behavior during gameplay so it now returns you to the correct screen.
- Fixed an issue where loading music would stop playing during level loading.
- Fixed a rare issue that after landing with a Wingsuit, hits didn’t always land in certain parts of Sundance’s hitbox.
- Fixed a rubber band issue when running behind friendly players.
- Fixed a rare crash that could get you stuck in both a live loop and a suspended loop.
- Fixed multiple issues with ladder attachment that could cause you to get stuck in a flyaway state or lose control of your Expert.
- Fixed an issue where a soldier’s movement speed was reduced due to nearby explosions spawning craters.
- Fixed an issue where camera shake and landing sounds would accidentally trigger when falling from a very small height.
- Fixed an issue where a weapon from the Loader would sometimes inherit ammo from a previously selected weapon.
- Fixed an issue where weapon firing would detect you for too long.
- Added many bug fixes to improve the overall stability of the game.
- Fixed a rendering related issue that could occur for AMD Radeon 7 users while Sundance was on display.
- Rays in the Sniper and SOFLAM range are now visible from a longer distance.
- Fixed an issue where passenger weapons would no longer sync whenever the rider’s turret rotates, causing bullets to not register when firing at enemies.
- Improved effective range and reduced spread on Canister Weapon Pod.
- Reduced Bullet spread from 1.6 -> 1.1.
- Increase Damage Reduce Distance from 35 -> 40.
- The Server Info tab now persists after pressing Refresh in the Gateway Server Browser.
- Fixed an issue where text would duplicate when entering a Team Deathmatch game during the last part of a round sequence.
- Rule Editor – “IsInventorySlotActive” value now correctly handles melee weapons.
- Some administrative commands can no longer be spammed.
- Fixed black rectangle appearing on screen while Danger Zone ends round when pressing exit in level progress screen.
https://www.vg247.com/battlefield-2042-january-20-patch-details Here’s everything coming in Battlefield 2042 with the January 20 patch