SUCH an impact TikTok has had on modern culture, it’s hard to believe that it’s only launched in app stores in the last five years.
But how long can a TikTok video be and how do you create a TikTok with multiple videos?
How long can a TikTok be?
The maximum video time for TikTok has been increased to 10 minutes in 2022.
Last year it was raised from one to three minutes, initially it was only 15 seconds, then 60 seconds.
Announcing the new Bumper video length, a TikTok spokesperson said, “We’re always thinking of new ways to add value to our community and enrich the TikTok experience.
“Last year we introduced longer videos to give our community more time to create and entertain on TikTok.”
They added, “We’re excited to start rolling out the ability to upload videos up to 10 minutes long, which we hope will bring even more creative possibilities to our creators around the world.”
How to make a long TikTok video
A big part of TikTok’s appeal is the ease with which people with little or no video editing experience can create engaging content.
Follow these simple steps to create your own TikTok.
- Open the app and press the “+” icon at the bottom of the screen
- Select a pre-recorded video from your device or use the TikTok camera
- Add any sounds, video effects or filters
- Press the “Record” button to start rolling
- When you’re done, press the check mark
- You can then make further edits on the post page
- And finally, if you’re happy with it, share it with the world!
How to make a TikTok with multiple videos
If you want to get really fancy and create a narrative, you can try making a multi-clip TikTok.
Most read in The Irish Sun
It’s incredibly easy to do with the following steps:
- Open the app again and press the “+” icon at the bottom of the screen
- Record your clips (each video ends when you press record so you can start the next one).
- Alternatively, if you want to add pre-recorded videos stored on your phone, you can upload them by selecting “Effects” and then pressing “Green Screen Video”.
- Once you’ve got all your footage in the can, you can move it around by selecting the red check mark in the bottom right and then clicking “Adjust Clips”.
- Once you’re happy with the cuts, you’re ready to post them!
What is the best video length for a TikTok?
Although TikTokers have been able to produce content in increasingly longer forms on the platform, short videos still seem to be the most effective.
But social media management platform Hootsuite says brevity is still the soul of the social media giant’s wildly viral content.
According to their websiteTikTok viewers remain fairly traditional when it comes to running times.
They recommend aiming around the 15-second mark to grab viewers’ attention and keep them engaged.
https://www.thesun.ie/tech/9082736/how-long-tiktok-video-be/ How long can a TikTok be?