Organize your WhatsApp today by learning to archive chats.
This is an easy way to hide chats from your main WhatsApp list without actually deleting them.
What happens when you archive a chat on WhatsApp?
Archiving chats is a great way to clean up yours Whatsapp and keep it more organized.
But note: archiving a chat is not the same as deleting it.
And it won’t back it up to external storage either.
The archived chat will remain archived when you receive a new message in the group.
And you won’t get notifications for archived chats unless you mention them or reply to them.
You can dearchive a chat in apartment at any time.
How to archive a WhatsApp chat
Most Read in Phones & Gizmos
It is possible to archive any type of WhatsApp chat.
- 1. Go to the Chats tab and tap and hold a chat.
- 2. Tap the box icon with a down arrow.
- 3. This will archive the chat.
- 4. You can also archive all chats.
- 5. Go to Settings, then select Chats > Chat History > Archive All Chats.
How to dearchive a WhatsApp chat
To view your archived chats…
- 1. Scroll to the top of the main Chats page.
- 2. Tap the Archived button – with a down arrow icon.
- 3. You can unarchive chats from here.
- 4. Just go to your archived chats and then tap and hold a chat of your choice.
- 5. Then tap Unarchive at the top of the screen.
Mastering chat archiving will help you keep your WhatsApp tidy.
And it’s a handy trick to teach friends who might not know about it either.
The best tips and hacks for phones and gadgets
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find these secret features in social media apps? We’ve got you covered…
Get the latest news about WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and other tech gadgets here.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science Team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
https://www.thesun.ie/tech/7489714/whatsapp-how-to-archive-chats-unarchive/ How to archive WhatsApp chats