WANT to increase the security of your Facebook profile so only friends can see your timeline?
If this is the case, you can easily do it by following these simple steps.
How to block facebook profile in app
Nowadays, many of us spend a lot of time on social media and protecting your online privacy is vital.
It can be all too easy to fall victim to scams or share more information publicly than you intended.
Luckily, Facebook allows you to block your profile for a little extra protection.
The feature isn’t available everywhere and can only be blocked in certain countries – including the UK.
By blocking your Facebook profile, you can limit what strangers can see.
That means only friends can see your full-size timeline, profile picture, and cover photo.
Timeline review and tag review, which allow you to approve posts you’ve been tagged in before they appear on your timeline, will be enabled.
Additionally, any posts you previously made public are now only available to friends, as are Stories, and only some of your About Us information is visible.
Follow these steps to block your profile:
- 1) Launch the app on your phone or tablet
- 2) Tap on the three horizontal lines (these are located at the top right on Android and at the bottom right on iPhone and iPad
- 3) Open your profile and press the three dots next to the “Edit profile” button.
- 4) You are now in profile settings where there is an option to “lock profile”.
- 5) Select this and you’re done! You can undo this by following the same steps and selecting “Unlock Profile”.
How to block facebook profile on website
It’s really easy to change your account to private even on desktop, but the steps are a bit different.
All you have to do is open your browser and do the following:
- Go to the Facebook website
- Login to your account
- Click on your name in the top right corner to open your profile
- Click the dots next to “Edit Profile”
- A drop down menu will appear, click on “Lock Profile”
- A window will open where you have the option to block it, click on it and your account will be blocked
- You can close this window by clicking “OK”.
How to unblock your Facebook profile
If you want to switch back and unlock your profile, it couldn’t be easier.
For both the app and the website, all you have to do is follow the steps listed above and select “Unlock Profile” instead.
To do this in the app, launch it on your phone or tablet, tap the three horizontal lines again to open your profile, and press the three dots next to the “Edit Profile” button again.
In the profile settings there is now an option “unlock profile”
For desktop, log back into your account and click your name in the top right corner again to open your profile.
Then click on the dots next to “Edit Profile” to open the drop-down menu.
Then click Unlock Profile, then Unlock, then Unlock Profile when done.
Then all you have to do is click OK to close the window.
https://www.thesun.ie/tech/8779062/how-to-lock-facebook-profile/ How to block Facebook profile