AIRPODS are a great gadget for Apple devices – but they also work with your Windows laptop.
You’re in luck if you have a PC and a pair of Apple wireless earbuds.
Can Apple AirPods work with my Android or Windows PC?
But what if you don’t have an iPhone or your work computer is a Windows PC?
You’re lucky; The cult-favorite AirPods models are designed to work with Bluetooth, which means you can connect them to any sound source that also uses Bluetooth.
Here’s how to connect your AirPods to a PC or a computer Mac and switch seamlessly between two devices.
How to use AirPods with a Windows laptop
Your AirPods work best with Apple products – no question.
However, you can still use them as a Bluetooth headset with non-Apple devices.
You will be limited with some features; For example, Siri doesn’t work.
But you can still listen to music or take calls.
- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your device and make sure it is turned on
- Open your AirPods case while the earbuds are still inside
- Press and hold the button on the back of the AirPods case until the light flashes white
- Select your AirPods once they appear in the Bluetooth devices list
Depending on which Bluetooth device you are connected to, you may have different features available.
How to use AirPods with a Mac computer
First, you’ll want to make sure your Mac is up to date with its operating system – the latest AirPods, the AirPods Pro (2nd Gen), require macOS Ventura.
If you’ve already set up your AirPods on your iPhone and share an iCloud ID across all your devices, your AirPods might be ready to go right out of the box.
To test them, place your AirPods in your ears and click the Bluetooth menu, then select your AirPods from the list.
If you’re on a computer that’s not signed in to your iCloud ID, here’s what you should do to connect:
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu at the top
- Click Bluetooth and make sure it’s turned on
- Place both AirPods in the charging case and open the lid
- Press and hold the button on the back of the case until the white light flashes
- Select your AirPods in the device list, then click Connect.
Here’s how to switch your AirPods from your Mac computer or iPad to your iPhone
They should be automatically synced on any up-to-date version of your computer, iPad, and iPhone.
If for some reason it doesn’t toggle when you pick up your phone to play music or when you press the FaceTime button on your iPad, you can troubleshoot below.
First check the compatibility of your devices.
Corresponding Apple support: “Your AirPods (2nd and 3rd generation) and your AirPods Pro (1st and 2nd generation) can automatically switch between your Mac with macOS Big Sur, iPhone with iOS 14 and iPad with iPadOS 14 or later.”
If these are all up to date, make sure you’re signed in with the same Apple ID (with two-factor authentication enabled).
https://www.thesun.ie/tech/8304225/how-to-connect-airpods-laptop/ How to connect Apple AirPods to a laptop