Godfrey the First Elden Lord & Hoarah Loux Warrior is a boss in the Elden Ring that you need to defeat to continue the story. This boss battle is unique because the attack method is completely different in both stages. Other than the fight, these drops have the same value and rewards. So let’s quickly check out how to defeat Godfrey First Elden Lord & Hoarah Loux Warrior in Elden Ring and get to know its cheese.
How to Defeat Godfrey in Elden Ring
You can defeat both forms of Godfrey by dodging his attacks and depleting his health. There are two stages to this war. You will begin the war with Godfrey the First Elden Lord. When you halve his health, he will initiate a second phase. In the second stage, you will fight Godfrey Hoarah Loux Warrior. Here are all of his moves in both phases that you should be aware of.
Godfrey First Elden Lord Moves
- Jumping and throwing axes: He will jump towards you and throw his ax at you in an attempt to cut you in half. You can dodge this attack by rolling under the attack or running forward to where he jumped.
- 3 combo slashes: He will perform two diagonal slashes one from the left and one from the right. In the end, he will perform a horizontal slash.
- Stomping: Godfrey will try to strangle you with its feet by stomping if you get too close. This attack also deals AoE damage when the rock bounces off the ground for a short distance. You can roll sideways to dodge it.
- Jump and stomp the ax: This jump isn’t as big as his first move. He will jump and smash his hammer on the ground. This attack releases a small shock wave after hitting the ground.
- Ground Separation: Godfrey will slash his ax into the ground. This will cause it to split and release golden yellow energy. This attack is executed in a straight line but covers a lot of area.
In addition to the moves mentioned above, Godfrey will perform many different slashes. Once you know they continue to attack and you will knock down his health in no time. After you reduce his HP by half, you will see a cutscene. This will be your cue for the second stage.
Godfrey Hoarah Loux Warrior moves
In this form, Godfrey does not use any weapons to fight, however, his moves are very dangerous. When not careful, he can easily shoot you a shot or two if you are caught by his attacks.
- Throw and power bombs: He will lunge at you and try to grab you. If he connects the attack, he will launch you into the air and follow it with a power bomb and smash you to the ground.
- Undercarriage: Godfrey Hoarah Loux will roar at you. This attack deals AoE damage. You should try to run away from this attack.
- Kick and get: He will kick you and track it down by trying to grab you.
- Stall and get: He’ll stomp one foot on the ground and try to grab you as a follow-up.
- Charge earth dam: You can identify this move when Godfrey raises both his right arm and leg to perform this attack. He will use both hands to push the ground to the ground. This attack deals AoE damage and covers a lot of area.
- Ground punches and shockwaves: He will do a big jump and punch the ground. He will punch the ground two or three more times after landing. Next, he will start charging the ground, you can spot the range of the attack by the golden light from the ground. Eventually, he will release the charge and cause the ground to spew a bit. This is probably one of the deadliest attacks on this list because the shockwave covers a large area.
- Get the slash: Godfrey will ready his hand in an X and charge the player. If this attack connects, he will launch the player and again grab them mid-air and smash them to the ground with a power bomb. This move probably deals the most damage out of all the other moves in this phase.
- Step upgrade: He will perform a stomp that has a larger shock wave than the stomp on the first phase. You can dodge it by rolling away from it.
In addition to the moves above, he will occasionally attempt to slash the player. Godfrey becomes very fast during this phase. Although, a good thing is that you probably have a lot of chances to hit him between his attacks.
How to Cheese Godfrey in Elden Ring
There are two ways to defeat Godfrey using cheese in the Elden Ring.
- Magician character: Use Mimic Tear Ashes of War to summon your cloned souls. Let it attack close while you can turn around and use the witches Rock Sling or Comet Azur. Spam the spells until you get rid of him.
- Melee characters: Melee characters can cheese Godfrey First Lord Elden & Warrior Hoarah Loux using Greatshield to shield all attacks. You can use any Greatshield of your choice as all of his attacks are physical and deal no status damage. You can also equip the Green Turtle Talisman and use the Barricade ashes of war shield. Although this method is not exactly a cheese but using this technique you can neutralize most of his attacks. You’ll still have to time your attacks and dodges to defeat him, as you can’t block all of his attacks.
That sums up this guide on how to defeat First Lady Godfrey & Warrior Hoarah Loux in the Elden Ring and its cheese. In case you’re looking to defeat some optional bosses, check out our guide to how to defeat Astel, Flying Dragon Agheel& Crucible Knight.
https://gamertweak.com/beat-godfrey-elden-ring/ How to Defeat Godfrey The First Elden Lord (Hoarah Loux) in the Ring of Elden