INSTAGRAM is one of the most popular social media platforms used, mainly for sharing images and promoting products.
Social media can tire you out though, and if you feel the need to pause what an influencer is doing, here’s how to delete your Instagram account.
How to delete an Instagram account
You can only delete your account by accessing Instagram through a web browser.
You cannot delete your account through the Instagram app.
Here’s a simple step-by-step guide on how to…
- Log into Instagram.com.
- Click ‘Help’ on the right side of the page, below the ‘Recommended for You’ list.
- Click ‘Manage Your Account’.
- Click ‘Delete your account’.
- Click ‘How do I delete my Instagram account’, followed by the ‘Delete your account’ hyperlink that appears below.
- A drop-down menu will appear asking you to choose a reason to delete your account.
- To continue, re-enter your password.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click ‘permanently delete my account’.
Your Instagram account is now deleted and you are permanently offline.
Can I recover my deleted Instagram account
Once your account is deleted, there is no way to get it back.
To get back to Instagram, you’ll have to sign up again, and you can also use the same email address you used for your previous account.
Otherwise, you may not get the same username you had before.
On their website, Instagram says that “you may not get a similar username” but doesn’t throw the ability to use it out the window either.
So if you want to give it a try, you might be in luck.
What happens to my Instagram photos if I delete my account
After you delete your account, all actions taken on the app will also be permanently deleted.
Any photos, followers, messages, likes, comments and everything you have ever done on the app will be deleted.
If you want to save your photos so they don’t get deleted, you can deactivate your account.
This will allow you to not use Instagram and also hide your profile but if you want to use it again you just need to reactivate the same account.
To deactivate an account:
- Sign in to Instagram.com.
- Go to your profile page and select ‘Edit Profile’ at the top, next to your username.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the option “Temporarily disable my account.
- You will be asked to choose a reason from the drop-down list such as the reason you disabled your account and then asked to enter your password.
- Select “Temporarily disable the account”.
To activate your account, simply log in with your username and password.
If you’ve just deactivated your account, it might not be reactivated right away, so give it some time.
Conversely, if you are sure that you want to delete your account but save your photos, you can download an app called Instaport.
This app will let you mutate all the photos from your profile before deleting your account so you can save them.
Simply download the app from the store on your phone, then simply log into your account and grant Instaport access to your files.
Can I use Instagram without an account?
No – due to the 2020 Instagram update, you can no longer browse Instagram without signing up for the platform.
If you try to view profiles, posts or Stories, you will automatically be directed to the login page when you try to view Instagram profiles, posts and stories.
You must create a profile or log in to browse the platform or upload content.
https://www.thesun.ie/tech/6299510/delete-instagram-account/ How to delete an Instagram account