How to enable cross-save with your Destiny 2 data
If you are playing Fate 2 cross-platform, allowing cross-save allows you to maintain your progress no matter what platform you’re playing on, meaning you can eventually move your Guardian, with all the loot their own, to another platform, and freely switch between console and PC at ease. Here’s how, whether you want to transfer your account data between your PC and console or vice versa.
First, there are a few important disclaimers to keep in mind before you start enabling cross-savings for your account:
- While the free release of Fate 2called Destiny 2: New light, which means you don’t have to buy multiple copies of the base game to play on different platforms, you’ll need to purchase copies of the expansion-based content. Restricted content includes exotic weapons and armor, location-specific loot pools, raids, and dungeons.
- What is and is not included as part of Fate 2Free content is often quite messy. However, not paying is still an option and allows you to participate in seasonal stories and events, as well as PvP content and world loot.
- In addition, any Silver (Fate 2paid in-game currency) that you previously purchased will remain locked to your original platform and will be non-transferable. So you may want to redeem Silver before transferring your saved data.
- If you have played Fate 2 on two platforms, enabling cross-save means that Guardians on one of those platforms will be overwritten. However, Bungie said in Frequently asked questions cross-save can be disabled if you want to restore the old characters. If you disable cross-save, you’ll have to wait 90 days before you can re-enable it.
How to enable cross-save
- Towards Bungie’s Cross-Save login page. First, you’ll want to sign in with the platform you have Fate 2 (with your favorite Guardians) links to data, whether it’s PC, PlayStation, Xbox, Steam or Stadia.
- Then, log in to the account on the platform(s) where you want to extend your account. For example, if you’re starting with PSN and adding an Xbox Live account, you’ll first sign in to your PlayStation account, then your Xbox account.
- No matter what platform you’re moving from and to, Bungie does this by asking you repeatedly if you really want to finish enabling cross-save. It also requires you to agree to terms that spell out what Bungie will do with your data and assert that you are giving the company the right to do so.
Immediately after agreeing, you will be able to access your account from the new platforms, assuming you have already purchased Fate 2 to play on them. When you log in to your Bungie account online, it’s easy to see which platforms have access to which content. chaBungie offers handy links on its website where you can redeem expansions and season tickets.
Update March 13, 2021, 5:30 p.m. ET: This article was originally published on August 22, 2019 and has been updated to accommodate changes in the game.
https://www.theverge.com/22966324/destiny-2-how-to-cross-save-game-pc-xbox-ps4-steam-data How to enable cross-save with your Destiny 2 data