Many streamers have failed to load channel information for Twitch when using OBS. Remember this is a problem with OBS and not Streamlabs or Streamlabs OBS. What happens is the user cannot connect to Twitch. The exact error message says: “Failed to get channel info for Twitch. Not Found:.” So if you’re one of those streamers experiencing this error, you’re in luck because we’ve got the fix you’re looking for.
How to fix OBS not loading Channel Info for Twitch
You can fix this by updating OBS to the latest version. At the time of this writing, the latest OBS version is 27.2.3. You can get the latest version in two ways.
- Install the latest version
- Search google for OBS.
- From the official website Download the latest version of OBS.
- Uninstall current OBS version. This will ensure a clean installation of the latest version.
- Install the latest version of OBS.
- Once the installation is complete, add your stream key and settings to set up OBS and start streaming.
- Updating to the latest version
- Launch OBS.
- You will automatically get a pop-up for the update if you are using an older version of the software.
- In case you don’t get the popup or close it. Later Click Help.
- Here select Check for updates.
- Update your OBS to the latest version.
Once updated, your Twitch channel information should load without any issues.
Why do users get this error?
As mentioned above, users get this error when using an older version of the OBS software. Twitch API v5 is no longer available for use as of February 28, 2022. Therefore, you need to upgrade your OBS instance to avoid the above issue.
That’s a compilation of this guide on how to fix OBS not loading channel info for Twitch. If you actively use Twitch then you should check out our guide on how to automatically claim twitch and What does gift registrant mean?. And for more gaming stuff, be sure to check out Gamer Tweak.
https://gamertweak.com/obs-load-channel-information-twitch/ How to fix OBS not downloading channel information for Twitch